~6~

"...alright. So, I have a husband. Er, had a husband, at least. He's a very powerful man. And he always gets what he wants. And-"

"That sounds like us." Ringo interrupts.
They all give him a dirty look.

"Ringo!! Shhh!" Paul whispers to him and nudges his arm.

"My apologies. Continue." Ringo says and smiles. Beth nods at him.

"Like I was saying, he's a very powerful man. And he's bossy... really bossy. He tells me to do everything... and if I don't, he'd hit me... and..." Beth pauses and feels herself begin to choke up, but she continues because she doesnt want to embarrass herself.

"And he'd hurt me. He'd push me onto the ground, and he'd hurt me... badly..." She feels a tear begin to roll down her cheek and she doesnt dare to continue because she knows she wouldn't be able to get a sentance out.

"I'm sorry.." She says and wipes her tear away. The boys look at each other with guilt across their faces. George puts his arm around Beth and holds her hand. He feels like he should be doing this for her, since she saved his life anyways.

"Don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." He mumbles.

"You'll be safe when you're with us. We wont let him lay a finger on you." John says, trying to reassure Beth. The others nod in agreement to John's statement.

"Thanks guys." Beth says while wiping her tears.
"I appreciate it. This means a lot."

The boys nod and smile at her. George continues to hold her hand and make sure she's okay.

Paul looks at John and leans towards him, and whispers to him.

"We should let her stay with us for a bit. We can't let her near that man again." He says. John agrees and sits back.

"Hey, Beth?" John says. Beth looks up at him to let him know she's listening.

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" He asks. She looks down at her lap, and thinks for a second. She remembers the hotel she went to, but she also recalls how she saw Mike there with another woman. She doesnt dare to go back there, so she looks back up at John.

"No, I don't." She replies.

"Would you like to stay with us? We're staying in town for the next week or two, and we have a spare room if you'd like to take it." He says. The boys all smile to make her comfortable.

"Really? You mean it?"

"Of course!"

"Oh, thank you! I was worried I would have to sleep in the alley tonight. Thank you so much!" She says. Her face lightens up and she feels a sense of relief.

"We certainly wouldn't want that now, would we?" George says to her. She looks over at him and smiles.

"Alright! I have all your drinks ready. Sorry it took a while." The coffee shop owner says while carrying them out on a tray.

"Lovely. Bless ya." Paul nods and takes the drinks off, passing them to everybody.

"Cheers!" The man says, and walks back into the kitchen.

Of course, George is happy to know that Beth has a place to stay, but he's also worried that the word of him attempting to jump off the bridge might come out. His mistake will always be in the back of his head. But, if he hadn't done that, he wouldn'tve met Beth, and she wouldn't have a place to stay. Plus, he's got a good feeling about her. She's a gorgeous lady, and she seems very sweet. So he may as well keep quiet and hope for the best.

Ringo decides to speak up, breaking the silence.

"Did I tell you guys about these two birds I saw in the tree earlier today? Boy, were they getting it!" He says.
The boys laugh and sigh at the same time. Beth giggles.

"Good ol' Ringo." George says.