Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Don't get me wrong, we didn't starve him or anything, but he refused to eat any type of food offered to him. He also came like that.

Hearing the jingle of the keys on the cell door, he looks up.

He looks horrible. We didn't beat him, or even touch him, but he's too young to be stuck in a situation like this.

He looks out of place.

His curious look soon turnes into one of pure hatred.

"What, have you come to finish me off?!" He growls at me.

I shush him. "Relax kid, I've come here to talk."

"You can't force anything out of me," he says. "You can't threaten me either, everything that I've ever cared about has been stripped away from me, or put away, too far out for me to reach it."

I look into his eyes. I look into his soul.

"How old are you?" I finally ask.

"Fifteen," he mumbles.

Way to young.

"Listen kid, I'm willing to make a deal with you a-" he cuts me off.

"Sorry, I taught myself not to make deal with strangers."

"What's your name?" I ask instead.

"Nathan," he answers.

"Nathan what?"

He shrugs.

"What does," I shrug my shoulders, "this mean?"

He shrugs his shoulders again. "I don't know, I never met my family, I was an orphan on the streets, stealing and shpplifting as a form of living. The gang picked me up from my death bed and gave me life again in exchange of me working for them. I'm indebted to them."

I nod slowly. Poor kid, he got caught up in the middle of this all just because he got saved by them.

"Tell you what kid," I start. "You give me all the information you know on the Black Mississippi gang, and in return you will get shelter, protection and education from the Black Knights gang."

He thinks about it for a moment, but truly there is no need to think about it.

You are offered a shelter, education and protection from the strongest gang in the country, you take the chance.

He nods his head yes.

I smile and clap my hands togather. "Great! Let's get you out of here and we will talk within an hour!"

AMY'S POV

I groan at the sound of my phone ringing.

I glance at the callers ID, not seeing a number that I recognize. I still pick it up, even at this ungodly hour, because last time I didnt pick up the phone, Brenda ended up being at Alexander's house.

"Hello?" I answer grogily.

"Your time is coming to an end Black Rose. Give up now, before it's too late. Or else you will have war at your doorsteps."

I hang up immediately.

I scramble out of the bed I was sharing with Brenda and put my shoes on.

I sleep in leggings and a tank top, so there is no need to change.

I glance at the clock.

4:00 a.m.

Its four in the morning! I hate gangs!