Rudiman (Rudy x Iman)

Requested by DNSakina

***

"Ali asked us to wear the Atlas," Moon was enthusiastically saying to the Academy students gathered around Ali's sickbed. "After that, we saw everything that IRIS projects! Luckily we had Ali! Or else, the bridge would have just exploded!"

The little Techno boy behind Moon was stirring, and Khai was the first to notice. He immediately shouted the boy's name happily and went over to him.

"You OK?" the bespectacled Khai asked, beaming at his best friend's fine state.

Ali smiled weakly at Khai while Agent Geetha approached them.

"A very good work," Agent Geetha said, unable to hide a grin herself. "But, you have used up your energy too quickly. I will help you improve. Congrats, Ali."

"Yeay!" Moon cheered, while the other students within the med-bay applauded.

Perhaps Ali wasn't that bad after all. Perhaps the aggressive IRIS incident was just like any other accident. All the students crowded around Ali to give their praises and compliments, totally convinced that the boy just deserves some respect and been treated unfairly.

But there was still one who didn't thought so.

"Ceh," the spiky haired Inviso agent huffed. He turned and marched out of the room, unnoticed by anyone.

***

Days had passed ever since Ali's first succession of Atlas. Though, the topic did not die down that fast. Not when Moon kept bringing it up at the most unexpected times. 

Even the in light of this happy event, Iman felt something off about the Academy. Like something was missing. It wasn't until one day when everyone was selecting their groups of their own choice for the Training Mission did she realise that they were short of one person:

Rudy.

It was normal for one of their Academy mates to be absent once in a while. They were allowed to skip lessons if they were sick or if they had an important personal event going on. Even so, this was still extremely suspicious. Rudy, the top student of MATA Academy, had not turned up for four days straight. Iman was starting to get worried.

Upon arriving at the Academy the next day, to her increasing concern, it was not to find the spiky haired boy anywhere in the entrance hall.

"Um...hey," Iman said shyly at the sallow-cheeked Neuro agent, Jet. 

"Oh, hey Iman," Jet said. He raised a hand at Chris to make him stop blabbering in his Kelantanese accent. Chris frowned, but did not argue. 

"I was just asking," Iman breathed. "Whether you have seen - or heard - from Rudy lately."

"Oh, porcupine head?" Jet said, surprised. "No, have not seen him for a while. Hasn't been texting either. Dunno what's up with him. I reckon you should ask the girls-" He jerked his head at Mika and Roza, who were deep in conversation too at the other side of the hall. "-they always know stuff."

"Thanks Jet," Iman smiled.

"No problemo Imano." Jet finger-gunned. Behind him, Chris mimicked vomiting.

Iman gave a nervous laugh before going over to Mika and Roza. 

"Hey," Iman said breathlessly at them.

They paused in their conversation to look curiously over at Iman.

"What's up?" Roza inquired, going back to polishing her sniper, which was already shiny enough it sort of hurt just by looking at it. Mika was staring at Iman.