He never did.

As I taught the class along with him, I watched him from the corners of my eyes. He was always gentle with the students, and stern only when he needed to be. It was clear that the students adored him. My confusion only grew. As I watched him, I felt the pressure on myself grow. I would have to kill him.

In the end, I only made one assassination attempt on him. Walking past him one day, I suddenly lunged and stabbed my knife at him. He was clearly taken by surprise, but he disarmed me effortlessly, wrapping his tentacles around my wrist while the knife went flying harmlessly past him. I stared at the knife, unsure of what had happened. Never before had I made such an unthought out attempt. It was a move that clearly had no heart behind it. I narrowed my eyes and stared down at my own wrists, and suddenly felt his skin on mine.

I pulled my hands back, and, forcing myself to keep my head up and stare him straight in the eyes, I shrugged. "Well then," I said, before retrieving my knife. I never brought that up, pretending it never had happened.

As time went on, the pressure in my chest seemed to increase. I was confused, and I found myself wondering how long it would be before it would be too much. What would this feeling inside me make me do?

On a Friday, just four months after I'd become part of the assassination classroom, I found out just how far I would go.

It happened too quickly for me to think it through. I was about halfway across the room from Koro-sensei. It was a bad day for something like it to happen. On that day, all four of us teachers were in the room at the same time, helping the kids prepare for an important test, and so everyone who could possibly see it was there to see it. I guess, it was smart on Jelavic's side, because he was distracted. I would have been, too, but I looked up at that moment, feeling a sudden shiver go through me.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a flash of green from Irina Jelavic's side, and I saw how close she was to Koro-sensei.

And then my mind went blank.

My feet pushed off the ground, and I was across the room in a second. Koro-sensei looked up.

I heard him go, "huh?" and then I had grabbed the knife from Irina's hand, clapped my hand on her wrist, and brought her down to the floor.

It happened too fast. One moment, I was helping Nagisa with something; the next, I was pinning Irina to the floor while a bewildered Koro-sensei stood in front of me.

Behind me, I heard the gasps of the students while Karasuma shouted, "What are you doing??"

What was I doing? I didn't even know myself. Still dazed, I felt my body lean down.

"Don't. You. Dare. Touch. Him," I said in a low voice to the blonde woman. Behind me, I heard the students murmuring amongst themselves.

"Okay, okay. Back to work," Koro-sensei said after an awkward moment, his voice sounding obviously shaken.

I got up, leaving Irina glaring at me from the ground.

"I need a moment," I said out loud to no one in particular. Leaving the room, I walked out of the building and leaned against the wall.

"That was stupid," I deadpanned to the sky. "He could have avoided it himself."

"Yeah, I probably could have," Koro-sensei said, suddenly appearing next to me.

"W-what?" I flinched in surprise before blushing in embarrassment. I sighed. "I'm sorry," I said, looking away.

I sighed again, and the silence stretched between us.

"Look, maybe I should leave," I finally say.

"W-why would you do that?" Koro-sensei asked in shock. "No! You can't do that!" I stared at him.

"I'm supposed to assassinate you! I'm supposed to stop you! Heck - I'm supposed to hate you," I said forcefully, "But I don't." It was true. I'd gone into my job fully expecting to hate this being who now stood next to me. But now, I was completely in awe of him, completely consumed by emotions that were, frankly, the exact opposite.

Koro-sensei sighed. "That's no reason to-"

"The thing is, I knew from the beginning that I wouldn't be able to do it. The moment I saw you... I just, couldn't."

Koro-sensei interrupted. "You don't have to leave though!" I just shrugged.

"But I can't even do my job," I said, resigned. Koro-sensei stepped in front of me.

"Listen," he said, his voice taking on the tone it has when he's explaining something a student. "Your job, first and foremost, isn't killing me."

My eyes widened and I bit my lip. "Then what is?"

"Your job is to teach," he said with finality. "This is a classroom. We all have our own unique experiences when it comes to assassination, and you have a lot that you're responsible to pass on to the class."

"I guess so..." I said reluctantly.

"And besides," Koro-sensei said, perking up, "it's not like you really want to leave~"

"True enough," I admitted, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Koro-sensei reached out a tentacle. Uncertainly, I took hold of it with my hand.

"And anyway, I want to get to know you better," he said, his smile becoming even bigger. His face turned pink. I flushed, feeling my heart beat quicker.

"Me too," I said quietly, as I followed him back into the classroom.

__

Thanks for over 25K views and 644 votes! It means a lot to me :)

Feel free to comment any requests you have for the next one. Be warned, though, the updates from now on might be very slow.