Chapter 17 THE Revelations

'

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it".

Alexa's Pov(unedited)

I made my way back to the kitchen when I heard something that makes me freeze in my ground.

"Their wedding is already settled and planned!" I heard Tia Shaina.

"I told you to give us time, she just came back!We don't want to upset her and involve her with this, if possible and we didn't agree with the arrangements,Shaina!" Christopher," I heard Dad Say in a manner of not to upset them.

"So, you want us to forget about your arrears to us? It's been almost 4 years past dues, Alfonso!" I always consider you as a friend buts it's time for you to pay your debt!"  Or do you want to find yourself in a rag or jail!" Tio Christopher dominantly said.Thats I realize everything. I was the one who they ask to pay the debt by marrying their Son.

"Christopher honey, that's not the way to settle this,"

"But Alfonso, Helena the wedding is set up next month time!" We should talk about the details today." Thats why we came here," I heard Tia Shaina said to my parents.

"They really doing this to me, arrange marriages is the last thing I wanted. I want to run away, to escape on this situation. It's feels like my own Parents betrayed me, for not telling me but if I'll go away how about my parents? Am I going to abandon them after all the things they made  for me? I love them, they are old to become poor again!  So  I made a decision.

"I Agree with the Marriage as long as the debts of my Parents are paid," I said which makes everybody surprise. I seen Lorenzo expression became dark but afterwards has a grin smile in his face. But I didn't mind at least because my first priority is to lessen the burden of my parents. I love them, so I'll can sacrifice my happiness and my future for them. Its so hard being on this situation, choosing between the people you love and my own dreams.

"No Alexa, you don't have to do this, it's fine that we sleep in a alley as long as___!" Dad disagree.

"Daddy, I've made my decision clearly the wedding is On. You could talk the final details of the wedding just informed me with the details",!

Mom I'm fine," stopping her, when she's about to come near me.To comfort me but I gave them a smile of assurance that I'm fine but deep inside I'm totally wreck I want to cry But I want to be strong  I want to pretend that I'm ok. Hugging is not going help me. Mom knows what I feel right now I can see the way she looks at me.

"If you don't mind excusing me, I just need to get something to drink," Just go on with the wedding arrangements. I said without waiting for any response from them.

I made my way to the kitchen but exit in a back door going to  my favorite hideout since I was a kid. I called it "Lex Sanctuary"

I sit on on the rock beside the old Willow tree.I look around even it's dark  I can still figure out how perfect my secrets hideout is. there beautiful flowering spreads around. A small pond with flowing water coming from a white figurines peeing on the ponds  and in the ponds many fishes on it. I Remembered the first time I discover this secret place I accidentally found this when I was in Year 5, I was grounded because Mom and Dad found out that I keep on going to the park after school.I was mad and run away from the house. Its on the very end part of my parents property.