special chapter (six) ✪

"Xinyi, I can explain," Xukun said, standing up as he removed the dust on his pants. "It was -"

"I turned my head away for one minute and you guys act like this is some sort of playground," Xinyi sounded a bit annoyed.

Xiao Gui decided to interrupt, "We weren't actually playi—,"

Bu Fan covered the young kid's mouth, "Forgive him. His brain doesn't take in information that well. Please, continue,"

Xinyi raised an eyebrow looking at Xukun who was avoiding her gaze. Instead he was looking down at something, on Xinyi's foot.

Xinyi looked down and spotted a small box. She pick it up but before she could open it, Xukun screamed, "No!"

"What?" Xinyi ask, a bit confused.

"Th-that's not yours," Xukun stuttered.

"Then I'll open it to see who it belongs to -"

"No, no, no -" Xukun moved forward, grabbing the box from her hands. "I'll find the owner. You just enjoy your party. And I'm truly sorry for the ruckus we've caused."

"That still doesn't explain the fact that -"

Xinyi couldn't finish her sentence because Xukun pecked her on the lips to shut her up. "Don't mind me, okay?"

🍎🍎🍎

Zhou Rui, Zhenghao and Shengen were still laughing at what Xukun had just encountered.

Ziyi chuckled, "Why didn't you just tell her?"

Xukun ruffled his own hair, "I couldn't, okay? I was too nervous plus she sounded piss. What if she rejects me because of what I did at her party?"

"Then you meet your mom next week without a fiance," Xikan commented.

Xukun sighed, "Maybe I should ask her another time -"

"Nope. You're doing it now," Qin Fen says. "When you get older, you'll regret not bringing a girl home for once. Trust me, I've been that road before. Your mother will use it against you and humiliate you in front of thousands of people."

Xiao Gui scoffed, "At least your parents don't compliment Bu Fan all the time. And they wanted him to be my role model?"

Zhou Rui looked at Xukun who was looking at Xinyi from afar, "You've waited all this time for her. Don't you think you two deserve what you really deserved?"

Shengen nods, "Yeah, and didn't you tell us your parents are okay with whatever decision you'll make? No rush?"

Xukun bit his lip as Zhengting walked towards him, "You're going to ask her today?"

"I was about to. But Fen-ge misplaced the ring then -"

Zhengting laughed, "Listen, Xukun. Xinyi's my sister and you know that I love her very much and I would do anything to ensure her safety."

Xukun slowly nodded, listening to Xinyi's older brother.

"I don't want her to be in the wrong hands again," He continued, trying to avoid the topic about Yanchen. "And I think it would be best if I give her to you,"

Xukun's lips suddenly turned into a smile, "You really trust me with your sister?"

Zhengting nods, squeezing Xukun's shoulders, "We all knew you'd end up marrying her anyway."

Ziyi agreed beside them, "From the first day, we all saw the ending. Don't prolong it anymore."

"True. This story has been dragging on for so long." Zhengting looked up and screamed at no one in particular. "The yuehua boys and I are already getting confused on where we actually are."

Zhou Rui also nodded his head in agreement, "I'm lucky I didn't appear here earlier. That would've been confusing."

"I'm really jealous that Yanchen's out of the picture and went out to walk another path," Zhengting added.

Qin Fen points out, "I heard he's going to sing a duet somewhere."

"Huh," Xiao Gui blinked. "The mental hospital must've turned into an alternate universe then."

🍎🍎🍎

Xukun found Xinyi rummaging through the gifts she received during her graduation party. She was sitting on the couch, not noticing Xukun's presence.

"Xinyi," Xukun called out, moving to sit beside her.

"Hey," Xinyi greeted, not even looking up. "I kept wondering where I'm going to put all these stuff. My room's already full."

Xukun looked at some of the gifts she received, "Wow. These prices are no joke."

"I know right? I'm so tired," Xinyi said, slumping on the couch. "Aren't you going home?"

Xukun shook his head, "I still need to do something,"

"Oh, do you want me to go get Zhengting?" Xinyi stood up and was about to walk away when Xukun grabbed her wrists.

"I didn't come here to play with your brother."

Xukun sighed. It's now or never. He slowly kneeled down on one knee, making Xinyi widen her eyes.

"K-kunkun -" She stuttered, not believing the scene in front of her.

Xukun tilted his head up looking at Xinyi with the most sincere eyes, "Zhu Xinyi, we've been through so much and I wouldn't forgive myself if I lost you again. So allow me to mark my territory."

Xukun bit his lip before saying the six words that made Xinyi's heart jump and her legs go weak, "Will you marry me, baby girl?"

🍎🍎🍎

word count: 834 words
4/12/18