special chapter (five) ✪

"Congrats! Woohoo!" Zhengting exclaimed, popping the party poppers. "I can't believe I'm going to be an uncle."

He suddenly receive a hit from his sister, "What the hell are you saying?!"

"Well, you guys have graduated now and you can do that thing," Zhengting whispered the last part while winking.

Xinyi felt herself blush as she covered her face, "You are such a pervert! I can't believe you're my brother!"

"And I can't believe were watching two siblings bicker in front of the food," Chengcheng comments as he took a piece of fried chicken.

Xinyi pushed her brother aside and tended to the guests.

"Do you really think Kunkun and Xinyi jiejie will do it?" Justin suddenly appeared beside Zhengting.

The older glared at him, "Who taught you that?!"

"Xiao Gui," He muttered with food still in his mouth.

Zhengting's head spun around looking for Xiao Gui. He then spotted him being tackled to the ground by their other friend, Bu Fan. "Nevermind then."

Xukun arrived a bit late and walked over to Ziyi and Zhenghao.

"Kun-ge, you're late," Zhenghao said as he points at Xinyi. "Your girlfriend is over there."

Xukun shrugged, "Yeah, I had to do something."

Ziyi suddenly got what he meant, "Oh. Are you ready then?"

"I'm nervous," Xukun replied, clutching a box inside his pocket.

"Hey," Xukun flinched at the sound of her girlfriend's voice. "You missed Zhengting's speech, although I'd rather you missed it. You won't like it anyway."

Xukun smiled, kissing Xinyi's cheek, "The important thing is, I'm here."

"Guys! Yoojung and the others are on video call," Xiao Gui suddenly said, connecting a laptop to the projector.

"Xinyi!!!!!!!" Yoojung and Seungkwan screamed on the screen.

"Congratulations!!!!!" Vernon adds, holding a banner. "You too, Xukun."

"Aww, thanks guys," Xinyi said, feeling touched by her friends.

"We're sorry we couldn't make it," Doyeon explained. "But we'll go back there, soon, okay?"

Changbin smiled from behind her, "We hope you get wealthier and fly us back there again."

Xinyi laughed, "We should ask Vernon for that. He's rich."

🍎🍎🍎

The long distance friends continued to talk as Xukun moved farther and farther away from them.

"Relax, will you?" Zhou Rui, one of their friends said, as he patted his back. "You're making me feel nervous."

Xukun sighed, "I'm just - what if she rejects me again?"

"She's not going to reject you." Ziyi assured him.

"She did once -"

"That's because you didn't have that," Qin Fen pointed at Xukun's pocket. "I'm telling you if she sees that, boom, instant happiness."

"Yeah, yeah," Xukun says, taking the box out. "Can you hold this for a second? I need to go to the bathroom and I won't forgive myself if I dropped it."

Qin Fen took the box in right hand since he was eating an ice cream on the other.

His phone suddenly rang. "Oh, great." He turned around, looking for someone to hold the box for him while he answer his phone.