sixteen ✪

"Stupid phone!" Changbin said, pressing multiple buttons on his handphone.

I sighed as I look at the people who was looking at him. "You're getting weirder by the minute, do you know that?"

"It's just - ugh!" He exclaimed. "This is my brother's phone and I think it's from the prehistoric era. It's not even working."

I felt a nervous lump on my throat. He's using his brother's phone, that means -

"My sister!" I suddenly heard Zhengting's annoying voice. "Our teacher told us she was inviting some lower years to our camp on the weekend. Was that your group?"

I nodded, "We got the highest grade in English so she decided to take us."

"We're going in the mountains, right?" Changbin asked, still hitting the phone multiple times.

"I don't like mountains," Quanzhe muttered from beside me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Who said you're even going?"

He shrugged, "The teacher said it would be a good experience for me to visit some sceneries here in Korea. So I can share some of it back home."

"What sceneries? You don't even go out of the house!" I exclaimed.

"That's why, this time, I'm going." He answered bluntly.

🍎🍎🍎

I'm in my room trying to pack my things but I still can't comprehend what Xukun said the other night.

And mind you, I CLEARLY HEARD EVERYTHING. I DON'T NEED COTTON BUDS LIKE WHAT SEUNGKWAN SUGGESTED.

I flinched at the sound of my door opening. It was Zeren. I suddenly got goosebumps.

Now I understand why Zhengting and him aren't that close anymore. And why Justin seems to hate Xukun, because the younger thinks Xukun is making stuff up. But he's not. I trust his words.

"Woah, you haven't packed yet?" He asked, picking my suitcase. "Are you planning to put just food in here?"

I was too shocked to even speak a word. I still can't believe that it happened. I couldn't believe that of all the people I know, it would be him.

"Xinyi~" Zeren smiled, standing in front of me. "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

I shook my head, "Nothing, uhm - I think you better go." I slowly pushed him out of the room.

"But wait - I -"

"Bye, Zeren!" I waved my hand at him before closing the door.

I hit my chest multiple times. Stop beating like that, it feels like you're gonna give me a heart attack.

I feel like I'm going to die because of multiple heart attacks because I just heard a phone ring and it made me drop the container I was holding.

It was the phone Quanzhe found. I rummaged through my drawer and it has the same caller ID.

X.G.

I decided to press the green button and listen to the caller.

"Hello? Who has this phone right now? You better give it back or we will find you. You're messing with the wrong people, you know."

He then ended call and my hands we're still shaking. I'm positive that was Xiao Gui's voice.

I debated whether to look through the phone's memory, but I did anyway and just by searching thoroughly, I'm positive I know who owns this.

But the real question is, why does Xiao Gui have Changbin's contact number?

🍎🍎🍎

"Everyone, line up!" The head of the camp activity screamed through the megaphone. I stood beside Seungkwan, with Changbin's phone inside my bag.

"The lower years can walk inside the bus first." Our group nodded - including Quanzhe and Zeren. We boarded the bus and I sat on the farthest seat.

I saw Changbin walking towards me. I had no choice so I stood up and pulled Xukun who was putting his luggage on top.

He quickly sat down, as I sat beside him on the window seat. Changbin's frown was evident on his face so he decided to sit beside Seungkwan.

"What is with you?" Xukun whisper yelled at me.

"I think Changbin's up to something," I whisper yelled back at him.

He peeked at Changbin who was 3 rows ahead of us, "Yeah, he's trying to find out the contents of that dinosaur phone."

"No - I - ugh," I groaned. It's too early to explain something to him. "Forget it. I'm going to sleep until we arrive to God-knows-where."

I was a bit shocked because Xukun didn't say anything back. I was curious so I turned towards him. He has his mouth hanging and was already looking at the entrance of the bus.

I followed his gaze and found myself standing on the same bus with none other than Zhou Yanchen.

🍎🍎🍎

word count: 764 words
2/22/18