fifteen ✪

Zhou Yanchen is my fiance?! How did this get so twisted? I mean, does he even want me anymore? He cheated on me for pete's sake.

I kicked some stones as I walked home. Stupid life. Stupid business. Stupid marriage.

"Aren't you kicking the stones too hard?" I heard a familiar voice from beside. I was already in front of our house.

"Xukun." I called out to him. He was sitting on the stairs, in front of the gate. "Why are you here?"

He stood up, "Zhengting was worried 'cause you weren't picking up."

"I was with my evil mother."

"Exactly. He thought she might've eaten you alive."

I chuckled, "Almost. But is that the reason why you're sitting here outside? Where's So Hyun?"

"Busan. She went to visit her cousin."

I mouthed an "ah" and he opened the gate. We walked inside, not saying anything.

"I-" Both of us said at the same time.

"You first," We said it again.

Before I could speak again, he cut me off. "You wanna stay up? The stars look pretty tonight. We can, you know - star gaze. You love that, don't you?"

I smiled. This was the first time after coming here that Xukun invited me to hang out. And it was nice to hear.

"Sure. Let's do that." I confidently said - ignoring the annoyed feeling I felt when I left mom's office.

🍎🍎🍎

"Yeah, and remember when we pranked Zhengting in Japan?" Xukun reminisced.

We decided to climb up the rooftop since it was really a perfect night to star gaze.

"Oh, God." I laughed with him. "I almost lost Mom's wedding ring because of that."

"It's your fault! I told you to use the fake one I gave you!"

"It fell in the toilet! I'm not putting my hands down there."

Xukun laughed, "You really suck at pranking."

"I am not!" I quickly defend myself.

"Really? Name one prank that you did all by yourself. Without any help - at all."

I bit my lip, trying to remember some practical jokes I played. Well, that's a bummer. I thought of none.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Xukun smirked. "You lose, Xinyi."

I pouted, "That's because you don't trust me."

"After the feather incident we did on Zeren? I'm not taking any chances."

We fell silent after that. Two pairs of eyes looking at the night sky above. I glance at him, and he did too.

But rather than staying silent, I blurted something out, "Xukun, do you like So Hyun?"

Xukun's eyes were covered a bit by his bangs. I thought he was going to get angry by the question but he answered anyway, "No. Now can I ask you a question. Do you like Ziyi?"

I widened my mouth. That was unexpected. I shook my head, "Never in a million years would I have feelings for that psycho freak."

Xukun scooted closer, our shoulders touching, "How about Yanchen, then? Do you still have feelings for him?"

Honestly, speaking? I don't. I already moved on from him a long time ago. I looked at Xukun who was waiting for my answer.

I remembered how the both of us always joked that we'd marry each other in the future. How he'd give me random rings made up of different materials on my birthdays.

I admit, I did have a crush on Xukun back then but -

"Xinyi," Xukun snapped his fingers in front of me. "Do you still like him?"

I snapped back to my senses and looked at him one more time. I looked at his eyes - his eyes that were the epitome of perfection. His facial features that I could look at forever. I moved down his lips and saw how perfectly shaped it was. Those lips that I tasted - once or maybe twice in my entire life.

I felt his thumb under my chin, making me look up, "Are you gonna stare or are you gonna answer?"

And in that moment, I knew.

I knew who I really want to be with. And this time, it's real.

I removed his hand and held it tight, "I don't like him. Not anymore."

Xukun closed his eyes and pulled me into a hug, He traced circles around my back and leaned into my ear, "That's good. Because I need to tell you something. And I have to apologize in advance."

🍎🍎🍎

A/N: a kunyi moment for all you kunyi shippers 🤗 also to remind myself that this is a xukun ff HAHAHAHA

🍎🍎🍎

word count: 732 words
2/21/18