13. Transformation

It's me again God,

Another stunning autumn day - 28 degrees, blue skies and so much beauty around me! Thank You for the blessings that are so evident and for all the provisions like food, water, clothing and shelter that I so often take for granted.

Thank You for the ability to study Your Word - it's amazing and I have learned so much about You as I have studied the first 11 chapters of Genesis.  Your patience, grace and mercy can be seen right at the start and it weaves its way through all the books of the Old Testament until we get to Jesus. Thank You for loving me so much and providing a way for me to have my sins forgiven.

You turn peoples' lives around and this was really evident in the conversion of Paul. I was continuing my reading through Acts this morning and it struck me how incredible this was, considering where Paul's heart was (his name was Saul at this point):

"Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest"
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Paul had been throwing Christians in jail and had even approved of the stoning of Your servant Stephen but God,  You intervened in his life and he was never the same again!

"As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.""
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:3-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Blind for three days, Paul was visited by Ananias. At first he had been reluctant to go and see Paul due to all he had heard about him.

"Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength. Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:17-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

The transformation was incredible Lord and it certainly reminds me not to give up praying for my family and friends to come to You. It also reminds me to be diligent in my service to all you send me to as nothing is impossible for You!

You are the God of the impossible and I praise You and thank You for working in my life to change me. Please work through me now, to reach those who don't know You yet.

In Jesus's Name and for your glory,
Amen.