Chapter Thirteen

There was a knock at the door and Brooke stood up to get it. "Got it!" She left Brendon and Ryan cuddling on the couch. No doubt, it was Bandit on the other side. Brooke was dressed in the outfit she choose earlier. It was a white long sleeve shirt tucked into dark pants. It was simple, yet it was one of Brooke's favorites outfit. Instead of heels, which hurt her feet constantly, she stuck with sneakers that matched her clothing. It was about six at night, around dinner time. Brendon and Ryan nodded and kept their eyes on the television, watching the first bit of their movie. She got to the door, unlocked it, and swung it open.

Bandit was outside the door, with a smile on her face. She was wearing a dark blue tank top over a pair of white shorts. It showed her smooth skin, sunkissed from the summer. Bandit held the keys to her parents' car in her fingers. She somehow convinced them to let her use their car for the night. Bandit knew how to drive better than Brooke can, and is getting her drivers licenses soon. She has a learner permit, that's why she's able to drive around. "Hey Brooke, you ready to go?" Bandit asked.

"Hold on, I just need to grab my phone. You can come in if you want." Her phone was in the front room, charging. It was usually dead from school, and she wanted to make sure it had enough battery life for her to stay out. The warm air flooded in from the outside. It was trying to cool off from the night, but it was still on the hotter side. The heat was still there, just considerably less. The sun was still shinning, but Brooke noticed that it was going down. It would be late by the time they ended their dinner and got home. But Brooke didn't mind. Brooke opened the door more for Bandit to step in.

Brooke smiled and walked into the threshold of the house. "Okay," She passed Brooke and walked into the kitchen. Brooke closed the door behind her, to keep the cold air in one place. She didn't lock it, though, just pushed it close. Bandit waved at the two adults on the couch, "Hi, Brendon and Ryan." They sat up slightly and turned toward the teen. While the three were chatting, Brooke slipped to the power outlet and grabbed her phone. Her phone wasn't internally charged, but she knew it'd do.

"Hey, Bandit. What's up?" Ryan returned her greeting, flashing his bright teeth.

Bandit sat on one of the counter's stools, "Just picking up Brooke for dinner tonight. What are you two up to?" The two of them were cuddled up with soft blankets between them. Brendon's back was against the armrest of the sofa, while Ryan was laying on his back on Brendon's legs. The two were close but made sure to keep it PG for the two teenagers. A movie played on the screen, some new movie that they just rented.

"Brendon figured since Brooke's going to be out of the house, we could have our own little date night with a movie," Ryan explained. Brooke wanted to aww, the two of them never really got alone time with either other - let alone a date. Brooke kinda felt terrible about holding Ryan and Brendon from going out constantly, but she tried to ignore it. Even if they promised it wasn't a problem, just Brooke still felt bad. Though, she was glad that they were able to have their own date night, even if it was in their front room.

Bandit mirrored Brooke's feelings, "Aww, that's goals."

"Okay, I have my phone!" Brooke walked out from behind the couch and walked over towards Bandit. She tucked it into her back pocket. She walked over to the girl, who still sat on the stool. The keys were on the island. Her fingers reached over and grabbed the keys, standing up to meet Brooke. She was a little shorter when approaching Brooke. They locked eyes and smiled. Brooke guessed that they were about to head out, to leave the two adults to their own devices.

"Wait, wait." Ryan stopped the two of them before leaving. He put on a dad voice, sitting up ever so slightly. "What time will you be back?" He asked, looking Brooke in the eyes. Brooke shrugged, really unsure what time to say. Bandit never really told Brooke where they were going or what time they will be back. Brendon and Ryan wouldn't mind if she got back later in the night, but she didn't know if she should lowball the time or not. Instead, she looked over to Bandit for answers.