Chapter Two

Chapter Two: ❝New Friends❞
Part Two

The first thing Brooke noticed about the Dale's Academy was that it was huge. Huge would be an understatement; nearly three buildings with a miniature building. It was nothing like the school she first went to, a trashy and run down one. This one was tall buildings and glass panels and nice looking front area. There was a fountain in the middle of many trees and benches, with a black metal bar fence all the way around. It looked as if someone took a beautiful school from a video game and put it into the real world. Most teens would hate their first day of school, but Brooke was excited.

Brooke forgot in that moment about her former school experiences; the bullying, the abuse, just the backlash in general. She wanted to make friends, she barely knew anyone her age. Brendon had warned her, "Don't give your number to anyone that you don't know, or our numbers either. Some people are going to try to be your friend just because they want to meet Ryan and I." Brooke understood. Some people weren't nice and only wanted to be friends with Brooke just because of her famous parents. Brooke planned to hang out with Bandit the entire year and maybe make some new friends that she could trust.

The white path stretched into the school as they walked. Teenagers hung in groups, some talking and telling. Most hugged each other from missing each other from the summer. Some people turned to stare at Brooke, causing her to blush, some with confusion, some with disgust. Brooke's face turned bright red, she really doesn't like the attention. Something made Brooke turn to them. A cliche almost looking group, a bunch of girls circling around one girl who sat above all of them. The girls dressed in clothing that Brooke wasn't sure was appropriate for school and pointed at her. The main girl who was above the others glared at the two, and once Brooke looks over to Bandit, she saw that Bandit was glaring back. 

Brooke didn't ask, she didn't want to push anything or start drama. "You see that girl?" Bandit read Brooke mind, whispering in her ear. Brooke nodded, waiting for Bandit for finish her statement. "That's Kailey Ann. The school's pretty bitch, she the 'queen' as her minions call her. Steer clear of her, she's tried to ruin everyone's lives." Bandit explained with a chuckle. Brooke giggled back, understanding that Kailey wasn't the person Brooke wants to associate with. Brooke didn't want to make enemies, but the way that Kailey was looking at her, Brooke is quite sure that she just made her first enemy.

Something about Kailey made Brooke not want to even look at her. "She looks like a bitch." Brooke insulted dryly, making sure to keep her voice down from other people. They both nodded, continuing to walk towards somewhere. Bandit and Brooke walked straight past Kailey without stopping, and then Brooke noticed the other group. They looked different than Kailey and her 'minions', they looked easier to talk to. They were mostly dressed in fancy black clothing. Three people sat, on their phone, the other two seemingly arguing. The girl and the boy, who were the ones arguing, looked like they were twins, both with black slick hair and green eyes. 

The male stopped fighting with the other girl, standing up to Bandit and Brooke. "Who's this hot stuff, Ban?" Brooke almost wanted to hide behind Bandit, she had never been called a 'hot stuff'. Brooke turned bright red, staring up at the taller man. Her breath got caught in her throat, hoping that Bandit was going to reply, as Brooke didn't know how. 

"Oh shut up, gay boy." Bandit shoved the man's shoulder with her other hand. "This is Brooke, my girlfriend. Babe, this is Jai, my stupid gay best friend." Brooke gave a small wave in politeness, but the Jai grabbed her shoulders, staring into her eyes. 

"So this is the girlfriend," Jai looked Brooke up and down. At first, Brooke was afraid he was disgusted by her, causing her to fill with worry. For a solid moment, he didn't say anything, before forcibly wrapping his arms around her shoulder. Brooke's face was squashed against the fabric of his jumper, Jai jumping slightly in the air. Bandit's hand stopped from Brooke's as Jai continued to hug the uncomfortable teen. "Awww, she's so cute! Oh! I love her hair, she's so sweet." Jai talked a million miles a minute which Brooke couldn't follow most of what he was saying.

Sheesh, remind me never to give him candy. If this is what he was like normally, Brooke wonders what he'd be like on a sugar high. His black hair flopped to the side, fixing every few seconds when it moved. He broke the hug, turning to say something before he was cut off. "Jesus fuck, Jai. Don't give her a heart attack on the first day." That caused Jai to pout and sigh. "That's my twin brother, but I'm older by five minutes so I'm the oldest. I'm Naomi McCain." Naomi gave a hit to Jai's head with her palm, making his head to move forward and him to groan. 

"Naomi is also known as the bad bitch of the school. So if someone starts shit with you, go to Naomi." Bandit explained, punching Naomi in the shoulder lightly. Brooke smiled, nodded at her words. Naomi does seem like the girl who would fight someone if they crossed paths with her wrongly. Naomi stood taller than Brooke and had many pieces on her face, an eyebrow bar, a lip ring, and a nose ring between her nostrils, all of the various shades of white and silver. Her hair was tied up in a long ponytail that swung when she moved. Naomi looked intimating, but she didn't seem to have any hate towards Brooke. Again, Brooke was glad that she possibly had Naomi as a friend.

Naomi chuckled, "Yep, that's me! I've been suspended at least sixteen times in the past two years." Woah, that's a lot. Brooke was shocked. Naomi was like the bodyguard of the entire group. The third girl still hadn't even looked up from her phone, texting angrily to someone. Her blonde hair kept covering her face that she brushed out of her face every few minutes, and squinted gray eyes. The females eyebrows were pulled together as she focused on something.

"I'm Brooke," Brooke politely said, greeting all of them kindly. Jai already started walking away without saying anything, plopping down on the stone wall next to the girl who has yet to speak, opening a McDonald's bag and munching on a half eaten burger. Naomi rolled her eyes, sitting next to Jai, snatching the bag from his lap. Naomi opened the scrunched up paper bag. 

Naomi handed Bandit a burrito, which Bandit replied with a 'yeah boy' while unwrapping it and sniffing it. "We got you guys something, hope you like sausage biscuits and hash browns." Naomi plopped a wrapped sandwich with a brown hash brown in the classic McDonalds wrapper. Brooke's heart fluttered happily. Even though she hadn't met any of them, they got her food anyway. 

"Thank you," Brooke unwrapped the sandwich, starting to munch on it slowly. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of her new friends. But when she turned to look at the others, Brooke saw that Jai, instead of taking small bites, he shoved the entire sandwich in his mouth at once. Brooke's eyes widened, how can he even do that? Is he okay? 

Naomi rolled her eyes, waiting for something to happen. Which after a few seconds, choking on the sandwich. "I have many regrets!" He yelled through his mouth full of food. Naomi patted him on the back in attempts to help him from dying from choking. Brooke giggled, covering her mouth from laughing too hard. Bandit rolled her eyes, focusing on eating her food. He stopped coughing after a while before grabbing the bag again. He wrapped another sandwich and eating it like the first sandwich. Brooke was, again, shocked that he didn't even stop. What was that bag? An endless portal filled with McDonald's food? 

"Oh, I forgot to mention. That girl over there is Violet Kate. Violet is always fighting with her boyfriend so don't expect her to ever put down her phone." Bandit pointed with her finger to the other girl, who still hadn't looked up from her phone. Violet gave a peace sign to Brooke as a greeting and nothing else. Brooke waved again to Violet who didn't say anything. 

Jai, now on his third sandwich, started talking about some fanfiction that no one understood. Brooke was glad that she made friends that aren't friends with her because of her dads. Brooke assumed that they weren't that shocked that Brooke, the daughter of Ryan and Brendon Urie, is going to the school -- seeing as Bandit Way, the daughter of Gerard Way is at the school also. She already had friends on the first day; Jai, who hasn't stopped moving or eating, Naomi, the older twin of Jai, who looks like the badass of the school, and Violet, the quiet one. She made new friends today, causing her to smile. 

  ↓  

Hello, everyone! Thanks for reading the second chapter of the third book. 

Dale's Academy is not a real school (or so I think) and Jai, Naomi, and Violet aren't real. I modeled them: Jai after my friend Leo, Naomi after Dan, and Violet after my cat.

Hope you like the chapter! Stay loved and warm, everyone.