Chapter Nine

Ryan looked at her sideways, "So do you want to explain the hickey on your neck, or..." He trailed off, pulling out of the parking lot. Brooke flipped down the mirror, panning it down to face her. Her fingers lightly trailed across her warmed skin, poking at the love bite lightly. It was large and was easily seen as soon as someone was to look at her. "Put your hair over it, or you'll never hear the end of it from your father." He joked, turning on a street. The school's gate became distant as they drove - in the opposite direction of their home. 

Though, Brooke didn't question it. There had to be a reason for Ryan to want to take her out after school. Most likely for food, Brooke thought hopefully. "What, have you done this before?" She retailed, taking her hair down from a ponytail. Ryan's face inflamed red, and Brooke quickly knew her answer. Still looking in the mirror, she made a lazy braid. Many strands stuck out from the weved brown hair, but she decided that was the best she was going to do. Brooke made sure that it swooped around her neck, covering the hickey. 

Brooke just can't move her hair until it's gone, knowing Brendon will joke and tell her so. Whenever Bandit and Brooke are along, Brendon jokes that they are getting 'down', as he put it, and knowing he was right, inflated his ego more. The first time he noticed the couple getting closer, he sat her down. She was only fifteen when he gave her the birds and the bees talk. It was most awkward that Brooke has even seen Brendon, and even thinking about it makes her cringe. 

"Brooke, your father and I want to talk to you."  Ryan placed his hand on her shoulder, guiding her into the front room where Brendon awaited. Brendon looked as if he was waiting for the ground to open up and swallow him whole. Brooke looked nervously between the two, wondering if she was in trouble or not. Ryan sensed this and sent her a supportive smile. "You're not in trouble if that's what you think. It's about you and Bandit." 

Though his words helped, they only added a little more worry on to her. What if they tell her that she can't see Bandit anymore? Brendon sat on the couch, Ryan taking a seat on the armrest next to him. Brooke sat in front of the two, waiting for them to continue. Ryan nudged Brendon in the arm, attempting to get him to start. He cleared his throat, "We've noticed that you have gotten closer to Bandit lately, Brooke. I think it's time we have a talk - uh. You know, the talk." He put emphases on 'the'. 

Brooke didn't catch what he meant. What talk?  Growing up, her mother never sat her own and gave her any sort of talk. Of course, she was too busy doing drugs to care otherwise. "I... I don't understand what you mean." Brooke messed with the end of her sleeve, looking down. Brendon didn't know how to continue this conversation. He looked to Ryan for help, only for the latter to shake his head with a slight smile across his face. 

"The birds and the bees talk?" Brendon guessed, only for Brooke to shake her head. She's never heard anyone have that talk. "The... the sex talk." His voice got lower. Brooke's eyes widened, as she finally realized that he meant. Her face cringed inwards, knowing where this was going. Now relieved that they aren't going to tell her that she can't see Bandit, she still didn't want to have this talk. Especially with her two fathers. 

Brooke was grossed out as she exclaimed. "Ew! Dad, I know what you are talking about. Let's not." She wanted to run up to her room to avoid the all the awkward situations that was transpiring. Though she wouldn't bring this up to either Brendon or Ryan, she learned about sexual relations when she was younger. She doesn't remember the Troy incident, thankfully, but Sarah has had enough men over for Brooke to pick up on it quickly. 

Brendon seemed relieved slightly, "We still need to have the talk now that you have a girlfriend. You are young right now, Brooke, you really don't need to be in situations like that. But if do you decide that you want, use protection-!" Brooke cut him off, quickly hoping to get him to stop. The young girl has slowly become bisexual, and Brendon and Ryan both knew that. It was awkward and she wanted it to stop. 

"No, dad, really, it's fine." She put her hands up in the air, ready to stand up. Brendon ignored her and continued.

"Like I said, use protections. Whether it's a boy or a girl, be protected at all times. I guess you know how a mommy and daddy will love each other and decide to show their love? But straight or not, you'll have to listen to this talk. If anyone tries to push you into a situation that you are uncomfortable with, tell them no. And if they try to push you, kick them in the crotch. Girl or boy, getting kicked in the nads hurt." Brendon explained.

Ryan sent his husband a look, "What he means is, don't be forced into something. Even if it's with Bandit, tell her no if you're uncomfortable. And if the person respects you, they'll stop. As Brendon put it, well sort of, get away from them if they don't listen." He was calmer and knew what he was talking about. It was clear he was getting a kick out of Brendon trying to explain sex to Brooke.

Brooke nodded, "I know, I know." She repeated, hoping to get out of this quicker. She knew about these, but she wasn't sure why they were so keen on explaining it to her. Brooke knew that Ryan most likely put him up to this. Although this was awkward for her as well, it looks like it physically pained him to let these words pass his lips. His entire body language screamed discomfort. She wondered what was going through his head as he opened his mouth to speak before closing it once again. 

"But still, I know it's different because you know... we're guys. But you've got remember that you have a choice in no matter what happens. Even if a condom breaks, we'll be there-!" He reasoned, lacing his hands in his lap. Brooke threw her hands in the air, hoping to silence the pair. She stood, groaning at what they've just told her. Deciding that was most likely enough, she was ready to run off to her room. 

Brooke shook her head, her hair flying. "Yeah, that's enough of that." She took a step backward. Ryan looked ready to chuckle but suppressed them with the back of his hand. She glared at Ryan and Brendon, "You would need to work on your sex talk if you ever want to have another child." She joked, stepping around the couch. She headed up the stairs before two could say another word. 

"You know we'll be trying!" Brendon called after her, only to receive a slap on the arm from Ryan. Brooke made a gagging sound, putting her in finger near her mouth. Deep chuckles followed, Brooke jumped into her room, locking the door behind her. 

Brooke looked at Ryan, who continued to drive. "So where are you taking me?" She said with hope in her voice, she was hoping for food. Ryan shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road. Brooke groaned, "Come on, not even a hint?" The girl put on her best pouty face, determined to get answers out of him. Not even Brendon could stand the puppy dog face, and she knew that it was the best way to break him. Ryan glanced at Brooke and the road, trying to ignore her stare. 

"Brendon warned me you might do the puppy dog face," He smirked, his eyes still on the road. Brooke groaned again, this time louder. "... And he said you'd do that too. But I'm not to tell you. Even if you kill me." He joked, taking a left onto a busy street. They were going into the complete opposite of where their home is, and traffic was being to pick up ever so slightly. Brooke felt offended in a playful way at his words, did they think she would kill one of them? 

She made finger quotes, glaring at Ryan. "'Kill you'? What, does dad think I'll kill you for not telling me where you were taking me?" Ryan chuckled, halting to a stop at a stop light. Cars in front of them were beginning to gather in size, traffic starting to pick up. Ryan didn't seem to mind, not really in a hurry to get anywhere. Neither was Brooke, but she still wanted to know where she was going. 

"Would you?" He sent her a side smile, already knowing her answer. 

"Yeah but that's beside the point."