Never Crossed My Mind (boyxboy)

Disclaimer: I saw the movie Girl, Interrupted two years ago, and this story immediately started forming. The outline of this story belongs to the creators of Girl, Interrupted.

I hope you enjoy!

"Who the hell are you! Why is your stuff on Jamie's bed!"

"I don't know! I don't know who you're talking about!"

I pulled the desk chair away from the wall, and jammed it under the doorknob. The door shook and rattled as the security guards tried to gain access.

"Where's Jamie!"

The door flew open, sending the chair skidding across the floor.

"Let him go," Richard demanded.

I kept the black-haired boy cornered. I stared at Richard, my eyes damp with tears that wouldn't spill.

"How did he do it? How did he do it, Richard?"

Two guards hoisted me away from the shaking boy.

"Grab his legs!"

"No! Where's Jamie? Where the hell is Jamie? Let me go! Let me go, goddamnit!"

I screamed and kicked and clawed, but they kept coming. There were too many. But that didn't matter. Jamie mattered.

"Where is Jamie! I need to see Jamie!"

But I knew what had happened.

"How? How did he do it? How!"

"Open the door!"

My feet left the ground as the burly security guards hefted me into their arms. I flailed wildly in their grasp. Why? Why did he do it? How did he do it? Weren't they supposed to help him?

"No! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't put me in there! NO!"

My back hit the padded surface roughly. I heard a door slam, locks yanked, and then nothing. Silence. That's the only thing that was left for me to hear.

Jamie.

...

I hate this place.

I really, really hate this place.

Spongy white walls stared back at me; silence clogged my ears.

They knew that I couldn't take it in here. It drove me absolutely nuts. I just can't stay still for this long. I can't sit, I can't handle the never ending silence, and I can't deal with being alone for so long.

And that's why I do odd things when I get thrown into the-padded cells.

I scratched at my wrists, frustrated at the fact that the wristbands they put on me wouldn't come off. They kept me from drawing blood. I tried scratching at my thighs, or my stomach, but they intervened almost immediately.

I paced back and forth, my feet sinking into the plush white floor. I couldn't stay still. Damn it. The anxiety was eating away at me.

And, oh God, the white. It was all white. There were no colors to look at, nothing to bring the cell to life. It was giving me a headache.

I sang quietly under my breath to try and fill the silence, but the buzzing in my ears was incessant and my too-quick heart was making my head spin and my breathing accelerate.

It was driving me crazy.

All of it.

It just never ends.