Chapter 37

"Wait till I tell Spot you'se been heah. He'll flip," Dice laughs showing us where we had to sleep.

Dice seems okay I guess. He's been pretty kind to us.

"Why was Spot coming to see you so often?" I ask quietly," If you don't mind me asking?"

"He thought I was wit his sista."

"Theodora?"

"He swears I took her and have kept her hostage here. I've tried to tell him, but you can't change a crazy man's mind," he sighs," I found Theodora in Queens, some drunk was after her. I didn't even know she was Spot's sista. Thought you were all he had. I fell in love with her and she loves me. But she went to visit him and he snapped."

I nod quietly. Spot and I use to never even leave each other's sight. And here I am, in a another borough, far away from him.

"So brings you here, Skits didn't tell me details."

"Spot and I got in a fight."

"There's more than that."

"He hit me, and I kissed Blink. All in the same day," I smile sadly," I think I'm going through my midlife crisis."

"You're only fifteen though," he laughs.

"Well, only the good die young."

"Yeah, well, that's load of bull. Because there's good people that die old and bad people that die young, isn't there?"

"Well, I guess so."

"Don't do it. I know what you're thinking about doing. I've been there, besides you got people that love you," he smiles sadly.

What gives him the right to tell me that?

"Like who?" I laugh sarcastically.

"Your family, your friend, Blink, Spot I'm sure does."

"Spot stopped loving me the second he hit me, that's what alcohol does to someone. It's makes them hate or it creates fake love. It can make you a monster if you let it. And that's what he did. It can make one corrupt, if not used wisely."