Chapter 22: I Do

Matthew squeezes my hand as we take our places. I stare off into the distance, my heart racing, I can't focus, why can't I focus? I am marrying the most amazing man in a matter of minutes. What's wrong with me. I snap out of my trance when I someone whispering my name..

"Kaylie??? Kaylie..." Matthew whispers in my ear. I turn and look at him. His brow is furrowed, eyes concerned. "Its time to say our vows, are you okay?"
Tears well in my eyes, I nod my head and smile.

"Kaylie Laurel Morrison," Matthew begins "the day I met you, I knew there was something special about you. I mean after all, I scared you so much you fell off the sidewalk, and you didn't end up hating me. You have changed my life, you taught me how to truly love someone. I knew early on I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you." He clears his throat, holding back tears, " the days I had to spend apart from you couldn't end fast enough, and the days with you ended too fast. We've endured so much together, and it kills me to see you in any pain. I am making it my lifelong mission to put a smile on your face every single day for the rest of our lives. I will be there to laugh with you, to cry with you, I will be there every step of the way; in every obstacle and blessing life brings. I love you Kaylie and I can't imagine a life without you."

A single tear falls down Matthew's cheek, while tears stream down both of mine. Matthew reaches up, takes my cheek in his hand and wipes them away with his thumb.

"Matthew Gray Gubler," I begin, my voice a near whisper, an attempt to not burst into tears, " you have turned my world upside down. I was a small town girl who moved across the country away from her family. A girl who was looking for a fresh start. Who knew that start would begin with scraped knees, a sprained ankle, and meeting my favorite actor. You are one in a million, and you falling for me was 1 in a billion. We've defied the odds."I pause and take a deep breath, "you are my rock, you've been there for me through it all. When I was hard to love you didn't give up, when my life came shattering down on top of me, you were there to shield me from the chaos. You've made me smile, you've made me laugh, you drive me crazy sometimes, but there is no one is rather walk through this life with. I don't ever want to take you for granted, you are the only family I have now. I want to love you so fiercely and be there for you when you need me. I can't imagine my life without you. I am truly the happiest woman being with you."

The minister continues with the ceremony.
"Do we have the rings?"
Gray pulls a small box from his pocket, he open it and hands Matthew and I each a ring.

The minister speaks "Matthew take Kaylie's hand and repeat after me. With this ring I thee wed."

"With this ring I thee Wed." Matthew says as he slips the ring onto my finger.

"Kaykie take Matthew's hand and repeat after  me. With this ring I thee wed."

"With this ring I thee Wed." I say as I slide the ring onto Matthew's finger.

"Matthew Gray Gubler, do you take Kaylie Laurel Morrison to be your wife from now until forever?

"I do!" Matthew says a little louder and excitedly than I was expecting.

"And do you Kaylie Laurel Morrison take Matthew Gray Gubler to be your husband from now until forever?"

"I do." I say with a smile.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride"

Matthew wraps one hand around my waist and pulls me against him in a split second. His other hand cupping my cheek as his lips meet mine. My hand wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me. We hear cheering and whistling as we pull apart. Matthew holds out his arm for me to take.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you Mr. And Mrs. Matthew Gray Gubler."

《《《《《《《《《《 ■■■ 》》》》》》》》》》
So this is a short chapter, but I wanted the wedding ceremony to stand part without anything to over shadow it. I'm hoping to get the next chapter up this week as well!