Chapter 26: Home At Last

Matthew's Point of View

I'm woken by the sound of someone banging on the front door. I crawl gently out of bed as to not wake Kaylie. I open the door to find Kirsten, AJ, Paget, and Shemar. 

"He there Mr. Lovebird, ya gonna let us in or what?" jokes Shemar. 

"Yeah, sorry, come in," I say half yawning, opening the door for them to enter. "What are you guys doing here so early?" I ask.

"Early?" Paget says "Gube it's 1 in the afternoon."

"Ohh, well we didn't get in until about 3am" I say as I start brewing a pot of coffee. "Kaylie is still in bed if you ladies want to go wake her."

AJ, Kirsten, and Paget make their way upstairs. 

"So loverboy, how was the honeymoon?" Shemar asks winking at me. 

"It was great, Greece is a beautiful place, you really should visit sometime," I say avoiding the topic I know he was hinting at.

"Now come on Gubler, you know that's not what I meant!" Shemar says laughing.

"I know what you meant, and what happened between me and my wife on our honeymoon is none of your business!" I say laughing as well.

My point of view

"Kaylie wake up! Wake up!" I hear a woman's voice say. I open my eyes and see 3 figures standing before me. 

"What?" I asked opening my eyes all the way, "what are you all doing here?"

"Well it's 1 in the afternoon, we knew you and Matthew got home this morning and we hadn't heard from either of you!" Kirsten says, very loudly.

"We got home late, we were sleeping, of course, I was going to call you girls later!" I say laughing. "Give me a minute to brush my teeth," I say standing, heading for the bathroom. As I walk back into the bedroom, the girls have made themselves at home, AJ and Kirsten sitting on the bed and Paget pulled up the chair from the corner of the room.

**Knock, knock, knock** Matthew opens the door slightly peaking his head in. I walk over to him.

"Morning beautiful, I thought you could use this," he says handing me a mug full of coffee.

"Thank you," I say smiling, kissing his cheek.

"I'll let you get back to your girl talk," he says laughing as he leaves the room.

"SOOO?!?!?" the girls say in unison "How was the honeymoon?"

"It was great, Greece is beautiful and the food is to die for! I did sprain my ankle on the first day there though..." I say taking a sip of my coffee. 

"That's great! Are you okay now?" Asks Paget.

"I'm fine after a day or two I was back to normal" I say.

"Okay, so how was the honeymoon?" AJ asks winking at me.

"It was good...great...better than I could have ever imagined," I say thinking back to our first night in Greece. 

" So things got a bit steamy. You get em' girl!" Shouts Kirsten.

"Keep it down!" I say laughing "and no, it wasn't like that."

"So you didn't...have sex?" asks Paget. Before I could answer AJ chimed in.

"There's no shame in not having sex on your honeymoon, and with your past, I'm sure Matthew was just concerned..." I cut her off.

"We didn't NOT have sex. " I say sharply. I don't know why I snapped like that. "Sorry, it's things didn't get all steamy every night like you thought," I say. "Matthew is concerned with my past, and he never makes me do anything I'm not comfortable with. The first night I actually initiated things. I honestly don't know if Matthew was going to. It was amazing, worth the wait. The second night we almost did again in the jacuzzi tub, Matthew lit candles, ran a bubble bath, we had champagne, things got steamy, but he didn't try. I didn't push. I'm happy just being with him, sex or not. I never knew I could love someone this much" I say smiling. I look up to see the girls smiling at me.

"You are the sweetest couple in the world!" Kirsten says. 

"Why don't we head down to see what Matthew and Shemar are doing," says AJ. 

"Shemar is here?" I say jumping up from the bed, running downstairs. I love my girls, but Shemar and I have become really close as well, he's kind of like my big brother. I can't wait to see him. 

"Shemar!" I shout running to give him a hug.

"Hey there short stuff, how was the honeymoon?" he asks jokingly. I give him the 'it's none of your business' look. 

"So the real reason we're here is to drop this off," Shemar says pulling a manilla envelope from his back pocket. 

"What's that?" asks Matthew. 

"This is the new script for the episode we start shooting next week," he says handing a copy to Matthew...and one to..me.

"Wait, is this for me? Am I in the episode?" I ask confused.

"The writers spent the last week re-writing the episode so that you could join us sooner!" Says AJ excitedly.

"We know you still have your regular job at the hospital, all you have to do is give the set manager your schedule and they'll work something around it!" Says Paget. 

"This is so exciting!" I say beaming at Matthew. 

"Now we'll be together more," says Matthew smiling, pulling me into a hug. 

"Well, we'll see you love birds later! We have to head back to set, you two still have a few days off" Says Kirsten.

We say goodbye and head into the living room. Matthew sits on the couch, pulling me down next to him.  I get lost in thought about what the girls had said this morning...why didn't Matthew want to have sex with me?

"Kaylie? You alright?" I hear Matthew say, snapping me back to reality. 

"Yeah...I um..." just come out and ask I think to myself. "Why did we only have sex once?" I blurt out. Matthew's face turns bright red. I look away embarrassed. 

"Kaylie, I..uh...I didn't realize you wanted to. Well, maybe I did...I was...I was scared." he whispers. 

"Scared of what?" I ask.

"Knowing of everything that happened to you in the past, I didn't want it to seem like I was pressuring you, or taking advantage, just because we're married now doesn't mean I can ask you to have sex whenever I want. Plus that first night was so absolutely perfect, and it surprised me that you initiated it. I had half a mind to move forward when we were in the tub together, but I thought better of it. I love you Kaylie, and just being with you is enough." Matthew says trailing off.

"Matthew I love you too," I say positioning myself on his lap, knees straddling his waist. "And you have never pressured me into anything I didn't want. I know I acted weird when we first got together, but being in a relationship was so new to me, it had been so long since I had been with anyone, with my past, I didn't want to get too emotionally attached, but Matthew, we are married, I'm not going anywhere, you don't have to be afraid to push a little for what you want." I say looking into his eyes, my hands on his shoulders. "Plus the sex was kinda amazing," I say with a wink. 

"In that case.." He says, standing up, I wrap my legs firmly around his waist and he carries me up the stairs.