Chapter 18: Life Will Never Be the Same

***Mentions of violence***

■■■■■■■■■■

"Cut!" yells the director, "That was great guys, let's break for lunch."

Matthew walks over to me "head back to my trailer for lunch?"

"Sounds good to me," I say.

As we are about to eat lunch, Matthew's trailer door swings open. In walks Shemar, Paget and AJ with their lunches.

"Sure, you can join us for lunch," says Matthew sarcastically.

"Aww, thanks, pretty boy," Says Shemar laughing.

"Where's Kirsten?" I ask.

"She has a dentist appointment, she'll be back later this afternoon." Paget answers.

As we were eating Matthew's phone rang. He excused himself to take the call.

"Kaylie, the writers want to see you in HR right away," Matthew says when he returns.

"What? Why would they want to see me?" I ask.

"You'll have to go find out, want me to go with you?" Matthew asks.

"Would you?" I ask in reply.

"Sure, see you guys back on set," Matthew says to the others as we exit his trailer.

We walk to the HR office to find two of the main writers, this episode's director and the creator of the show.

"Miss Morrison, great to see you. We have a bit of an inquisition for you." says one of the writers, "you've spent a lot of time on set and we've seen you reciting Matthew's lines as he is filming. We know you've been a loyal fan of the show, so you know the character dynamics. If you are interested, we would love to have you on the show."

"What, are you sure? That's such an amazing offer. I just have some questions. Would it be a one-time guest star role, or would it be a recurring role? Would I be an unsub or an agent?" I ramble on.

"That would be for you to decide, we would love to have you as a recurring character, maybe even a new team member, but if you want to try an episode or two to start we can write the episodes so you can continue on if you wish. Everything is spelled out in this contract." the writer says handing me a small packet of papers.

"We'll look over it and get back to you as soon as possible," Matthew says "thank you." With that Matthew places his hand on my lower back and ushers me out of the room.

"Thank you so much," I say before we exit the room.

Matthew and I are walking back to his trailer, he's silent.

"You don't want me to join the show, do you?" I ask.

"It's not that, it's not that at all. Just thinking. It really is an amazing offer, I'll have my lawyer look over the contract, and you can sign it if everything looks good." Matthew says.

"We'll talk about it more, it is an amazing offer, but I don't know if it's what I want, and we have a lot to think about with the wedding a month away," I say.

"Okay we'll discuss it more at home," Matthew says then kissing my forehead.

We meet up with the others before filming resumes for the day. Matthew and I tell them about the offer I received to join the show. They are all ecstatic and beg me to sign on to the show. We're talking as a crew hand approaches us, followed by two police officers.