Quiet Time with the Bros

© Picture belongs to sws-sisters

© Jinn belongs to sws-sisters

© Aisha belongs to sws-sisters

© Cuphead belongs to StudioMDHR

© Story belongs to me

Announcement: I am so sorry that I couldn't upload this chapter, but it was nonexistent until today. Honestly I was trying to decide between writing a chapter of reader-chan reuniting with her friends or having just a field day with her family. I chose the latter as the title indicates. There may be additional announcements at the end so there's that. Anyway, without further ado, ENJOY!!!

The next day, Y/n awoke to the snorting of a pig and the beams from Hell's inferno blaring hotter than usual. 'Wait, snorting?' Hearing the snort again with an added tussle of tongue and hair, Y/n sat up to come face to face with - "Arthur" She mouth. Y/n was honestly ecstatic to see her best animal friend still around and alive and healthy. 'I'm sorry boy, I haven't been around for sometime eh, but that's going to change today. I did the same that my family accidentally did when I was younger. Leaving you alone, to your own devices, but I'm so happy they actually kept you around instead of turning you into bacon or ribs like my dad wished.' she thought sadly. Arthur all the while was squirming in her grasp, squeaking, squealing, and snorting, trying to twist his head in the direction of the door.

'What's wrong boy?' Yn turned her head to the door when she heard the turning knob sound of it opening, Y/n pulled out a notebook and began to write, "Oh Good morning Cuphead, Mugman. Arthur was just giving me a good morning wake up call." Cuphead and Mugman stepped into their sister's room crossing the floor until they sat on the edge of her bed. Mugman ruffled her hair, while Cuphead flashed his signature smirk. "Yeah, we kind of sent him in here to wake you up. It's almost noon and dad had something to give you." Cuphead began. "And we have a surprise date with you tonight. An overdue one since the Spring Break one didn't necessarily work out." Mugman explained. "I would have thought you guys would have cooked Arthur up since I wasn't around to argue." Y/n wrote before rubbing her nose up against the pig's snout. Arthur gave an affirmative snort, she laughed. "Naw, he's become too much like family to just kill him", Mugman scratched behind one of Arthur's ear, a smile grew on the pig's face, "Besides, he reminded us of you too much to let him go, dad's been feeding him since you "left"." Mugman concluded. She began to write again, "Oh, but about that thing dad has for me...." "Uh uh, you'll have to go and find out yourself, he just told us to wake you up, you must have been really tired yesterday, understandably, but we just didn't think you would actually sleep the whole day away." Cuphead said putting a hand over Y/n's forehead. Y/n swatted his hand away. She wrote furiously, "I'm not sick Cuppy, just the travel over here last night was tiring." She huffed trying to hide the embarrassing blush. "Just checking, you almost collapsed last night, Mugs and I had to carry you to your room and tuck you in, you were out like a light." Cuphead chuckled.

Y/n shook her head, throwing the covers off her she got out of bed and went to the bathroom to began her morning routine asking her brothers to leave. While in the bathroom, Y/n noticed the scar from the spear in the dead center of her chest, she ran two fingers over it, flinching at the sensitivity of the spot. 'Still hurts.' she thought. She shook her head and proceeded with the day.

Coming out after 20 mins, Y/n went into her closet to look for a good outfit for today. She decided to wear green today, it was an outfit that surprisingly, Pirouletta made for her on her 17th birthday, she never did get around to wearing it.