07. Chapter Seven

Alex's POV

It was now the weekend. I have now lived in Hawkins for 3 weeks, and I'm already in the top of the class. Mike and I have known each other for 3 weeks, but it felt like years. I still haven't asked him if we've met before. I didn't want to burst his bubble for some reason.

My mom and Mike's mom had become very good friends. For me, that was good. Because if they hated each other, then maybe they wouldn't want Mike and I to be friends, right?

As I sat by my desk doing my homework. I kept thinking about Mike. He felt so familiar to me. Where have I seen him before?

My thoughts got interrupted by someone knocking on my door. It opened up to reveal my mom.

"There is someone downstairs who wants to see you", she told me. 

I got up from the chair and walked out of the door to my room.

"Is it Mike?" I asked my mom.

"Actually, it isn't", my mom replied.

We walked down the stairs. When I got to the bottom I saw a person I've known for some weeks now standing at the door. It was no one than Jane Hopper.

She had a smile on her face, but I could see that it was fake. I walked up to her.

"Hi, Jane", I said to her with a smile. "What's up?"

"My dad wanted your family to come and eat dinner at us tomorrow at 6 o'clock", Jane told me. her voice didn't seem that excited at all. But why did her dad want to eat dinner at them tomorrow?

"Is it for a certain reason?" my mom stood beside me and asked.

"He just thought that Ron does an excellent job and he wanted to show is acceptance by making dinner for you all", Jane explained. (Can I just say, that sentence was longer than my future)

"That is really sweet of your dad, Jane", my mom said to Jane. "And of course we'll come tomorrow. It will be a pleasure to get to know you and your dad better."

"Thank you, Mrs Riley", Jane said to my mom.

"Please, call me Maggie."

"Okay, Maggie. I'll see you and your family tomorrow at 6 o'clock. Come well clothed. Bye!"

And with that, she opened the door and left our house. Why did I have a bad feeling about Jane? And about this?

"Wouldn't that be fun?" my mom turned to me.

"I don't know", I shrugged. "I guess."

My mom patted my shoulder and walked into the kitchen. I sighed and walked up the stairs to my room again. I sat down at the desk and started to do my homework again. I bit the tip of the pen as I struggled with one question.

After maybe 30 minutes I was done with all the homework. I took the homework and put it in my bag again. As I zipped the zipper, I heard someone knock on the window.

I looked at the window and I saw no one than Mike Wheeler sitting on my roof to the window. i walked up to the window and opened it.

"Hi", Mike said with a smile.

"Hi", I said.

"Can I come in?" Mike asked.

"Sure."

Mike climbed into my room through the window. I closed the window and then looked at Mike.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"I just finished homework", I said as I sat down on my bed. 

Mike's POV  

I followed suit. We just sat there in silence at first. Alex was playing with his fingers and looked down at his lap. I looked down at my lap but I looked at Alex at sometimes.

"What are you-"

"Can I ask you-"

We both said at the same time. We looked at each other in the eyes before we both smiled and got in to fit laughter. We both fell back on the bed and continued to laugh. 

I tried not to laugh that much, I wanted to hear Alex's giggle. When I couldn't hear my laughter anymore, I just heard the angelic sound. Alex's giggle was the most adorable thing I've ever heard in my entire life. I didn't even notice, but I had scooted myself closer to Alex during the time we laughed. I was pretty much an inch to touch his hand. I stared at the boy in awe.

And silence.

Alex had stopped laughing. Alex looked at me. We stared into each other's eyes. His hazel angelic eyes, staring back to mine. And without me knowing, I have grabbed his pinky finger with my own. He looked at our hands and blushed a crimson red colour. He then looked back my eyes.

I blinked and pulled away as I sat up. 

What the hell am I doing? I thought.

Alex's POV

Mike took my pinky finger in his. MIKE TOOK MY PINKY FINGER IN HIS!!!

And the only thing is... that I liked it.

"Hey, Alex", Mike said all of a sudden. 

I looked at him, I still felt that my cheeks were a burning mess. I sat up just like him.

"Can we hang out tomorrow. I mean, it's Sunday", Mike smiled at me.

I smiled back at him but I remembered that my family and I were going to eat dinner at Jane's house tomorrow. My smile turned into a frown and I looked down, biting my lip.

"I'm going to Jane's tomorrow", I said, I was still looking down at the ground.

I could see Mike's smile fading. Making a sad expression being plastered on his handsome face. Wait what?!

"Oh", was all Mike said.

"But we'll see each other on Monday", I smiled.

Mike's POV

Alex smiled that adorable smile that just made me melt. Why am I feeling these stuff toward him?

I'm not falling for Alex, am I?

_________________________________________________
Well that went somewhere. What do you think will happen at Jane's? FIND OUT TOMORROW!!!! And I'm sorry that I didn't update yesterday. I really need to learn to post.