05. Chapter Five

Alex's POV

Mike and I walked to the bike stands where Mike would have his bike. He took out his bike and him and I started to walk to his house. I had already told Justin to tell Ron and my mom that I would be going home to a friend. At first, Justin said that I should use protection, then I told him it was a guy. You should've seen his face. It looked like a combination of embarrassment and shook.

Justin also said that I was probably going to be with a nerd or something. Then I told him it was Mike, and he told me that Mike was still a nerd. Just because Mike likes science it doesn't make him a nerd. And Justin always says things about people he doesn't know.

I know that Justin wants to be popular. But this is a new school. He can't just wake up one night and say "Now I'm popular." And he becomes popular. Life doesn't work like that.

Mike and I talked the whole way to his house about science. He was really smart when it came to that stuff. No wonder he and his friends won first place.

Mike parked his bike outside of his house. The house was pretty much just like mine, and I haven't realised that we live on the same road. He and I walked to the front door and walked in.

"MOM!" Mike yelled making me cover my ears at the sudden high sound.

Mike looked at me and chuckled. He walked up to me and took my hands off my ears and he smiled at me. I smiled too, and back was we again. Where Mike hold my hands in both of his hands and we both stared into each other's eyes. I don't why, but Mike's eyes were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in the entire world. But I don't think I will see him in slow motion.

"Michael?" a voice said behind us.

Mike and I pulled away and we looked at the person behind us. There stood a woman, she had long brown wavy hair and she wore a beautiful dark blue dress. I guessed that was Mike's mom.

"Who's this?" she asked Mike and looked at me.

"This is Alex Riley, mom", Mike introduced me to his mom. "He's new to town and I just wanted to show him around."

"That's really sweet of you, Mike", Mike's mom said. She walked up to me and extended her hand, which I took and we shook hands. "I'm Karen, Mike's mom. It's a pleasure to have someone new here than Mike's other friends."

"It's a pleasure to be here, Karen", I said to her.

Karen smiled at me and walked into the kitchen. 

"I am going to make eggos, you guys want some?" she yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, mom!" Mike yelled back at her.

"What's eggos?" I asked.

"You don't know what eggos is?" Mike asked me, shooked. I shook my head.

"It's like waffles, but tastier", Mike said with a smile.

"Well, I love waffles!" I said with a big smile. 

"So does Jane."

I don't know why, but hearing Mike talking about Jane made me feel kind of mad. But I just shrugged it off.

"You want me to show you around?" Mike asked me with a smile. 

"Absolutely", I smiled.

Timeskip 'cause I'm lazy

Mike had shown me around his house, and I got to meet both his dad, Ted, and his sister, Nancy. They were all nice to me and I felt very welcomed to this house.

Karen had yelled at us that the eggos were ready. I was really excited to taste the eggos because I've never tasted them before. Just regular waffles. Mike and I sat down at the kitchen table. Karen gave us our plates with two eggos on each of our plates. She also placed down some syrup.

Mike gave me the syrup bottle. As I reached to grab it, our hands brushed slightly at each other. We both looked at each other. On both of our faces, you could see a slight red tint. We just looked away from each other and I grabbed the syrup and poured it on my eggos. I then handed it back to Mike who gladly took it.

As Mike pored the syrup on his eggos, I took one bite on mine. It really did taste good. But it did taste exactly like waffles. But one thing was different. These were made by Mike's mom, I usually roast frozen ones in the toaster by myself. They tasted good, but these that Karen had made was at least still not frozen in the middle.

"Why do you like waffles that much?" Mike asked me as he took a bite of his eggo.

"My mom can't cook quite well, so when she makes disgusting food, there is always some good ol' waffles waiting for me in the fridge", I told Mike with a smile.

"Maybe my mom can teach your mom to cook?" Mike requested.

I thought about that for a second. Maybe it would make Karen and my mom to get along? Maybe that would make me and Mike better friends?

Mike looked at me to get an answer.

"I can ask her", I replied to him with a smile. Mike smiled at me.

And we continued to eat our eggos and talk about random stuff.

Mike told me about D&D. He asked me if I knew what it was. I told him that I didn't. He then smiled at me and told me a little about it. When he explained it sounded really fun. And how his eyes lit up every time I had a question was just adorable! No homo though.

He asked me if I wanted to play. I said yes and we headed to his basement. Turns out it was even more fun than when Mike explained. I wasn't that good, but Mike taught me. We played for what felt like hours, and we did play for hours. Until it was time for me to go home. Mike asked me if he could follow me home. I told him that he could. And we headed out into the cold night, back to my house. And I swear that I've never met a better person than Mike.

___________________________________________
What do you guys think of this chapter? I think this chapter is quite better because Mike and Alex get deeper into their friendship. 
I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was on a carate day camp and after that, I had a birthday party for my grandma. And when we got home I was so tired that I couldn't even sleep. Sorry!!