04. Chapter Four

Okay, don't ask why I put a Finn Wolfhard gif there but, Mike rarely smiles so I put a Finn Wolfhard gif when he smiles, but just lOOK aT mY pRECIOUS lIL bEAN!!!! pROTECT hIM, plEASE!!!!!!!

Alex's POV

"I'll do it."

I looked at the person who wanted to show me around the school. Mike was the one who stood up. He looked at Mr Clarke for a second, then at me. Mike smiled at me. I don't know why, but I felt my cheeks burn. I looked down a bit.

"Well, Mike", Mr Clarke said and looked from Mike to me. "If Alex wants to."

I looked at Mr Clarke then at Mike.

"Yes! Sure!" I said as I smiled.

"Then you can go and show him around, Mike", Mr Clarke said.

Mike started to walk up to Alex but got knelled down by Jane, she kissed his cheek and smiled at Mike. I don't know why, but when Jane did that, I got a weird feeling inside. But I just shrugged it off.

Mike and I walked out of the classroom. First, we just stood there in silence. I looked down at my feet as Mike looked at me. I felt super embarrassed for some reason and super nervous.

"So, what do you want to see first?" Mike asked me.

"Um..." I said as I looked up. I locked eyes with Mike but quickly looked away. "Maybe like... where all the classes are?"

"Got it, m'lad", Mike joked as he laughed and started walking.

'M'lad' 

The word kept rolling around in my mind. For some reason, I have heard that before. And when it came out of Mike's mouth, I felt like I knew him more. And more like I've met him before.

"Um... Alex?" Mike said making me look at him. 

"What?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, just um... nothing", I said and looked away from Mike as we kept walking. 

"Okay", Mike said and looked away from me.

There was a long silence. The only time we talked was when Mike said which classroom was which. I just nodded as an answer and we were going to walk back to the classroom.

"Is Alexander your real name?" Mike asked me all of a sudden. I looked at him and he had a little smirk on his lips.

"Is Michael your real name?" I smirked back. Mike's eyes widened. I just giggled at how his face looked.

Mike's POV

When Alex giggled, it felt like I've heard that before. Like in a dream or another life, and for another somewhat reason, I blushed. I don't know why. But his giggle was like music to my ears.

"Hey, Mike, can I ask you a question?" Alex asked me.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Are you and Jane, uhh... I don't know, dating?"

"Um..." was I could get out. "We did, but uh, we broke up. But I don't think she knew what that meant so she stills think we're a couple. How come?"

"She kissed your cheek in the classroom today. So, I was just curious", Alex replied and shrugged.

"Do you have one?" I asked.

"Have what?" Alex asked.

"A girlfriend or a crush?", I said.

Alex's cheeks burned a slightly red. I don't know why though.

Alex's POV

Mike was asking if I had a crush or a girlfriend? Well, I did have a crush. Until me and my family had to move to Hawkins. Should I just tell him about Nori? He wouldn't judge, would he?

"Well... I did have a crush", I started. "Back where I lived before."

"And her name was?" Mike asked.

"Nori", I told him. "She was really beautiful, her hair was like shining diamonds. And whenever I saw her, I used to see her in slow motion. Justin and I both thought that she would never fall in love with someone like me, but it did happen. And we had a dance and Nori and I almost kissed!"

"What do you mean almost?" Mike asked.

"Well... Justin gave me a mint so my breath would smell nice, and when she leaned in to kiss me... well... let's just say that I got known as Chokey for a long time", I said embarrassed.

"It's not as bad as Frogface", Mike said to me. He looked down at the ground. "You did something you can change, I can't change my face."

"I think it's kind of cute", I blurted out but I regretted it as fast as it came.

Mike looked at me with wide eyes. I covered my mouth with my hands and my cheeks flushed a deep red.

"I'm so sorry!" I said embarrassed. "It just... came out."

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. Waiting to hear Mike walk away. But it never happened. Instead, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Alex", a soft voice said to me.

I opened up my eyes to see Mike with a smile on his face. We stood now still. Mike stood in front of me with one of his hands on my shoulder. My hands were still high up to my face. Mike took both of them into his own hands. My hands were kind of small so they fit perfectly in his. I looked up at Mike's brown eyes. They looked directly back at mine. My cheeks turned red as I looked at Mike's face.

"I'm thankful someone likes it", Mike said with a smile to me.

"D-doesn't Jane?" I asked.

"A secret between you and me", Mike said and leaned in a bit to whisper in my ear. "She doesn't know that many compliments", he said and leaned back with his head.

"She doesn't?" I asked.

"Nope", Mike shook his head.

Suddenly the school bell rang. Mike looked at me. Then to our hands. We both blushed and took them out of each others grip. This tour around the school was nice, but I was both sad and happy at the same time. Happy, that I could hang out with Mike a bit. But sad, because I missed science.

"I can't believe I missed science", I sighed.

Mike looked at me with wide eyes.

"You like science?" he asked me.

"Duh!" I said like it was obvious. "At my other school, I won the first award in a science competition. Thanks to my friend, Darryl."

"No way?" Mike said excitedly. "My friends and I have won first place every year here in Hawkins. Except for one year when we came third."

"That is really impressive", I told Mike with a smile. Mike smiled back at me.

"If you want, you can come home with me after school, and I can show you?"

"I'd like that", I smiled and we both headed our way to our lockers to go to the next class.

_____________________________________________________
wHAT tHEY gONNA dO???!!! mIKE'S bED iS gOING tO hURT sOOOOOOOOOOOO bAD!!!!!!!!! Lmao, just joking, or am I? ;))) Anyway!! I hope you all liked this chapter. Where Alex and Mike get to know each other more. Isn't this just cute? And sorry that I didn't update yesterday, I was with my friends and then I had carate training. So please, don't attack me.