But she couldn't do this. Marina died during childbirth. They said she wasn't strong enough.

Juliet blamed her parents for Marina's death. She didn't even get to say goodbye one last time before they buried her. Nobody was allowed to see the body.

And Nathan? Juliet blamed him for stealing her dreams. Since Marina didn't want to take over the company, naturally, the next option would be Juliet. The second eldest. Elder than Nathan by a good twenty minutes.

But she was a girl.

So they didn't even ask Juliet if she wanted to take over, and told Nathan he'd be the heir of the Ashton empire. Marina was a girl, yes, but she was the eldest. Unavoidable.

But Juliet wasn't the eldest, and she was a girl - so her parents chose Nathan.

Juliet had hated Nathan ever since. He was so bloody clueless. She had dreamed of running the company, dressing nicely and going to meetings, handling international clients and hotel chains - until Nathan existed and all of that crashed.

Juliet sighed.

I am tired, she thought numbly.

It was a cool, windy Friday evening, and dinner was after an hour. Juliet put on jeans, a white t-shirt and a black colored sweater. She pulled her hair back into a braid and applied a little BB cream on her face, along with some mascara.

She grabbed her phone and went to the dining hall.

As she opened the big doors, a few students stared at her. Maybe they heard about what happened at Jason's party. Wither way, Juliet ignored them, grabbed a tray and filled it with food, and went to take her seat next to Marie. Marie beamed at her and Nyssa offered a small smile. Cain full on grinned and Adam smiled warmly. Alex was on his phone, and Nathan ignored her.

Just as she was about to take her seat, a nasally voice reached her. "Who is she?"

Juliet paused, glanced at the stranger, and then sat down, beginning to eat.

She saw Marie close her eyes.

Nyssa groaned. "Shit. She's coming."

The sound of clicking heels made Juliet want to wear a pair. She actually liked heels. They made her feel... tall.

Stupid, Juliet thought to herself. I'm stupid.

Someone tapped her shoulder and Juliet ignored them. The tapping became harder and Juliet sighed sharply and got up, feeling pissy. She turned and looked down to see a small angry child. "What do you want?"

"Um, an explanation?"

"Yeah!" The other small girl behind the angry girl supported.

"For what?" Juliet asked, raising a well-plucked dark eyebrow.

"For sitting with the royals?"

A smirk tugged at Juliet's lips. "The royals?"

Nyssa buried her face in her hands. "Don't laugh. It wasn't our idea."

Angry girl fumed, "well?"

"Well what?" Juliet asked curtly. "You're starting to annoy me, kid."

"Kid?" Angry girl asked furiously. "Do you know who I am?"

"Someone who's going to leave me alone and let me eat my dinner in peace, I hope?"

"I am Hailey Truworth!"

"Okay?"

"I'm Michelle!" The small girl behind the angry girl suddenly exclaimed.

Juliet didn't pay her attention.

"The daughter of Carol and Jackson Truworth?" Hailey insisted. "Truworth Corporation?"

"Good for you."

Hailey stared at Juliet incredulously. "I'm sorry - did you mishear me?"

Juliet sighed. "Look, kid - "

"Hailey!"

" - Whatever. I don't see what your problem is. You're ruining my evening. Can you get lost?" Juliet's voice took on a slightly dangerous note.

Hailey stiffened. "You shouldn't be sitting with them. You don't deserve to sit with them. You're messing it all up. Go sit somewhere else. This seat is not for you."

"No," Marie protested. "We like her."

"What did you say, loser?" Hailey sneered.

"Nothing," Marie suddenly muttered, curling into herself and looking away.

"Aw. Are you going to cry?" Michelle teased cruelly.

Maybe it was how Marie looked so much like Marina. Maybe it was how Juliet didn't like someone looking like Marina cry - it brought back very sad memories. Or maybe it was because Juliet hated bullies.

Or maybe it was all three.

Juliet snapped.

"Don't talk to her like that," Juliet snarled savagely.

The dining hall quietened.

Hailey opened her mouth to say something but Juliet whispered dangerously, "if you say another word to Marie, I will shut your mouth for you and ruin your entire career, regardless of who your parents are. Are we clear, kid?"

Hailey was furious, her jaw ticking. She nodded.

Juliet smiled politely, but the menace in her eyes was as clear as day. "Good. Now get out of my sight."

Juliet turned and sat down, her palm shaking a little. She was pissed. So pissed. She continued eating her food.

She felt Hailey leave a few seconds later, and everyone in the room stared at her. She snapped loudly, "what are you looking at?"

They all quickly continued on with their lives.

Her table, however, stared at her shamelessly.

"Thank you," Marie murmured softly, putting a hand on Juliet's shoulder.

It was too much.

Juliet immediately got up and said, "I'm leaving."

She took her tray and dumped the food into the trash and the tray in another container, where it was supposed to be. She immediately thought I'm wasting food, oh god but then she heard Marie ask if Juliet was okay.

Too many emotions.

Too many feelings.

Marie looked so much like Marina, Juliet hated it.

She reached her quarters and went to put on a long, dark gray coat, and then walked back out. She called an uber.

"Highgate Cemetery, please."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .