Chapter Seventeen

Otterkit entered the elders den. She saw that the other kits sat already down.
"Hello Otterkit and Darkkit!" Mousefoot greeted them.
"Hi Mousefoot!" Otterkit smiled. Blindeyes sniffed the air and turned towards Darkkit.
"Oh, hello Darkkit. Haven't seen you since the last time we saw." He said with a serious voice. Otterkit turned around and saw that Darkkit was smiling weirdly.
"Hehe....... Yeah......" Darkkit giggled weirdly.
"Well no time to talk. Time to tell you a true story." Mousefoot said. As Otterkit and Darkkit sat down they turned to look at Mousefoot.
"Have you kits heard of StarClan?" Mousefoot asked. Everyone shook there heads.
"Have you heard of prophecies?" Blindeyes asked. Everyone shook there heads again.
"Well lucky you, we will tell you everything!" Mousefoot anounced.
"Let's start with StarClan. StarClan is a place where cats go to when they die." Blindeyes explained.
"There spirits shine in the night at SilverPelt." Mousefoot added.
"Sometimes if your lucky, a cat who you know and died may come to your dreams." Blindeyes said turning his head towards the kits.
"Some say that some cats can TALK to other cats who are in StarClan without a dream. It's very rare, since the cat who is in StarClan chooses who can talk to them." Blindeyes says. As the kits eyes shine they started talking.
"I am a very good kit so I guess some StarClan cat may come and choose me." Snowkit said, licking his paw.
"It's not if your good or bad. It's about your ability and it's also a reason why they give you the power." Mousefoot said gently. As Otterkit thought she felt happiness in her.
"Well don't count me in." Darkkit blurbed out. Otterkit turned around to look at her.
"Why?" She asked worried.
"Because my ability is making trouble." Darkkit said with droppy ears.
"No it's not!" Snowkit said, trying to cheer her up.
"Don't say like that Darkkit." Mousefoot said.
"It's alright. Kits make sometimes troubles, but they will change soon." Blindeyes reminded her.
"What are prophecies?" Stonekit asked.
"Thanks for reminding us Stonekit." Mousefoot said.
"Prophecies are something what Leaders and Medicine cats usually get. Sometimes Warriors, queens, kits or apprentices might see them." Blindeyes said.
"How do they look like?" Shadowkit asked.
"It's different ways StarClan tells you prophecies. A cat you know appears and tells you someway you got to find out by yourself or StarClan shows you it." Mousefoot said. Before any kit could ask anymore Blackshade came in the elders dens.
"That's enough! StarClan is just a kits story! It isn't true and I don't want my kit to here these mouse-brained stories!" Blackshade snapped.
"They aren't mouse-brained stories! StarClan is real!" Blindeyes said and stood up, sniffing the air, turned towards Blackshade and growled.
"Well then explain how the leaders and medicine cats get prophecies!?" Mousefoot said.
"Maybe they are just special dreams. But StarClan isn't real!!" Blackshade hissed as he picked up Shadowkit.
"Dad what are you doing I want to listen." Shadowkit said trying to get down.
"You have heard enough!" Blackshade said and walked away from the elders den but got stopped by Flowerheart.
"What is going on here!? Shadowkit can stay and listen. Why are you bringing him away?" Flowerheart asked.
"It's non of your business!" Blackshade snapped.
"Dad isn't letting me listen about StarClan!" Shadowkit squeaked. Flowerheart looked at Blackshade.
"Why? Our kit needs to know about StarClan." Flowerheart said.
"Our kit? No, no! My kit!!! You are not his REAL Mother!!" Blackshade snapped. Silence fill the elders den.
Flowerheart got sad.
"Fine...... I tried to help Shadowkit that he won't feel lonely, because he doesn't have a mother...." Flowerheart said in a sad voice. She licked Shadowkits ear and left the elders den.
"Mom..." Shadowkit said.
"She isn't your mom." Blackshade said and stomped off.