Chapter Ten

It was midnight and Darkkit woke up.
It's time! She said to herself. She quietly patted out of the nursery. She noticed that Dewfish was guarding in front of the camp entrance. Darkkit remember that Blindeyes, the elder told her that they had a emergency tunnel behind the warriors den if they got trapped in there camp. She quickly ran behind the warriors den and went through the tunnel. When she got out she saw that the tunnel was hid by a giant rock. She circle around it and walked towards the river.

She sat down nervously, looking at her own reflection at the water.
"Is he going to even come?" She whispered to herself. She look at the fishes swimming in the river calmly. Then a bush was shaking and scared the fishes. Darkkit leaped and stared at the bush. Claw came out of it with a surprise look on his face.
"You actually came. I thought you will stay in your camp." Claw said and sat down on the other side of the river.
"So what did you want to show me?" Darkkit said with a irritated voice.
"Follow me." He said and stood up walking in the woods. Darkkit gulped and leaped on the log to cross the river and follow him. She ran and stopped until there shoulders almost touched.

They where silently waking in the woods. There where many trees, bushes, leaves and prey all around them. Darkkit got even more nervous.
"Don't worry we will not go far away from your camp." Claw said like he read Darkkit's mind.

They stopped on a beautiful place. There was a pond, which was glittering under the moon light. There where calm wind blowing gently around her and a cliff, which looked like it was silver coloured.
"Why did you bring me here?" She asked suspiciously.
"I......I have sometimes seen you hesitate when you try to sleep." Claw said with a quiet voice. Darkkit got angry.
"You have spied on me while a sleep? How cruel!" She snarled.
"I know! I'm.......sorry......" He whispered.
"But I can help you to sleep. You can think about things in this area, peacefully and can hear the nature sounds. If you go to the cliff and sit down, closing your eyes you might think of things that make you sleepy." Claw said. Darkkit blinked.
"Why are you telling me this? How do you know it works? Why are you EVEN helping me!?" She snapped.
Claw stayed silent for a while.
"We are friends aren't we?" He asked with droopy ears. That's when Darkkit went silent.Has he been all alone? I mean yes he lives with his father but like doesn't he have friends? No wonder he's been lately sad and not good at talking with other cats. Darkkit thought with sad eyes. Then she smiled.
"Yes, we are friends!" She smiled touching her muzzle to his muzzle.
That's when a bush was shaking. They both jumped with panic. That's when a white elder Tom with two clawed eyes came out. "Blindeyes!?" Darkkit shouted. He turned his head towards her, sniffing.
"Darkkit! What on Earth are you doing out here!?" He snapped. Then the raised his head to sniff the air.
"And with a weird stranger!? Are you mouse-brained!?" He continued.
"Yeah.... I'm totally a weird stranger..." Claw mumbled. That's when Blindeyes froze.
"That sound is familiar... That smell is familiar!" Blindeyes shouted. Then he froze again.
"Darkkit! Why are you hanging out with The son of Thunder!?" He snapped. Darkkit opened her mouth but Blindeyes cut her.
"Oh StarClan! Are in crush with him!? That's why you are hanging out with him at midnight!? You are to young to have feelings yet!?" He snarled. The kits froze.
"What!? Blindeyes why do you even think that!?" Darkkit snapped with furious eyes.
"That is a mouse-brained idea to think that we love each other!" Claw hissed.
"Well actually kits can have feelings but.... Okay whatever Darkkit your coming back to the camp NOW!" Blindeyes snapped.
Darkkit looked at Claw and leaned to his ears.
"Let's talk later." She whispered and followed Blindeyes.

"How did you find me in the first place?" Darkkit asked while they where quietly walking home.
"Darkkit have you heard of smelling before?" Blindeyes asked. Darkkit gave a irritated look at him.
"Now go to the nursery and have a good night sleep." He said and patted towards the elders den. Darkkit patted towards the nursery. She went next to Otterkit and Wolfkit and curled up next to them.