Chapter Seven

Darkkit woke up. Her view was blurry for awhile until it was clear again. She patted out of the nursery. The camp was empty.
She went towards the fresh kill pile and took a rabbit. She started eating the warm, delicious prey. When she looked around again she spotted Whitefur and Flameheart coming
out of the warriors den.
Flameheart patted towards the leaders den and Whitefur patted towards the fresh kill pile.
"Darkkit?" A voice came behind her. Darkkit jumped with heartbeat. Then it was Nightwing with worried eyes.
"Why did you go out very early?" Nightwing mewed with a worried voice.
"I'm sorry. I was hungry." She said with droopy ears. Nightwing sighed.
"It's ok but next time tell me before you wonder off." Nightwing mewed and licked her ear. Darkkit nodded and smiled. Whitefur sat down next to them, picking up a blackbird.
"Good morning Nightwing! Good morning Darkkit!" Whitefur smiled.
"Good morning Whitefur!" Darkkit squeaked. That's when a kit came out of the nursery. It was Otterkit! Darkkit smiled running towards her.
But she bumped into someone. It was a brownish white Tom with brown stripes behind his back and brown eyes. She has never met the Tom.
Behind him was a bigger kit. A Tom. He had black fur and yellow eyes. She was blinking then stood up. The brown Tom dipped his head.
" I am very sorry!" He said in a shy voice. Darkkit looked at him.
"No it was my fault I should have seen where I ran to." She said. She looked at Otterkit who was sitting there smiling. That's when the black Tom opened his mouth.
"This is Dapplekit and my name is Shadowkit. Sorry for the bumping we were excited for the gathering." Shadowkit mewed. Darkkit froze. A gathering? She thought. That's when Flameheart came out of the den with Icestar. He leaped on the highrock. Thornbush leaped next to him.
"All cats old enough to catch there own prey! Come beneath the highrock for a clan meeting!" He yowled. Everyone patted outside of the dens and sat down. They where talking and whispering what Icestar would say. Darkkit sat behind the warriors with Nightwing and Otterkit. Icestar stared.
"We will go to a gathering in the Dawn. We need to bring our kits this time. This gathering may be the most important gathering we have had this time. We need at least two warriors to stay here to guard." He shouted that the clan can hear him. Everyone was whispering confused and suspiciously. Darkkit gulped. Is it about Claw, Thunder and war?  She thought. She looked at Wolfkit who was sitting next to Flowerheart. She was thinking the same thing as Darkkit. Icestar leaped down the highrock with Thornbush. Everyone scattered in the camp talking about the gathering.
Darkkit patted towards Wolfkit. She looked at her with cold eyes.
"Are you thinking the same thing as I am?" She asked. Darkkit nodded slowly.
"I thought this 'war' was only our thing not for the four clans!" Darkkit said. Wolfkit nodded agreeing.
That's when Flameheart patted towards the kits.
"Are you excited?" He asked. They both nodded. Flameheart nodded
And patted away.

It was Dawn and Darkkit woke up. Opening slowly her eyes she saw a light orange Tom standing in front of her. She jumped with a heartbeat.
"I'm sorry to scare you, but Whitefur asked me to wake up you." He said in a gentle voice. Darkkit blinked.
"Who are you?" She asked.
" I am Sunkit. Elder brother of Dapplekit." Sunkit responded. That's when Darkkit remember the brown Tom she bumped into. She looked around the nursery. There was no cat except Sunkit and Darkkit.
"There waiting outside. Come let's hurry." He said and patted outside of the nursery. Darkkit followed him.

The other cats where chatting and cleaning there selfs before they headed. Icestar was standing near the camp entrance. He saw Darkkit and Sunkit. He nodded at Thornbush and they went out of the camp. The other cats where doing the same. He saw that Baypelt and another Tom were left to guard. Nightwing and Flowerheart were waving with there tails at them.