Chapter Twenty Two

I'd just finished up splashing water onto my face when the door flung open for the second time today.

Irene stood at the doorway, dressed in a different suit from before, and a new shade of red was painted onto her lips, "Hey, little lightning boy. I'm so happy we could meet each other again."

"Cut the shit," I snarled, "what do you want from me?"

She chuckled as she approached the bed to sit down. I stayed planted by the sink, hands curling around the porcelain, watching with hawk eyes as apprehension filled me. The blouse she had on was low-cut, but I was only drawn to the skull tattooed just below her collar bone. It was the same tattoo that Bay had on his chest and I wondered if the entire gang had it as a form of brotherhood. 

Irene was playing with something at her lap, and when she brought it up closer to her face to study it, I blanched when I realized that it was a needle.

Oh, fuck that. I made to haul ass toward the door, but my body collapse like a sack of potatoes. I convulsed as electricity tore into my muscles, teeth clenched painfully, squeezing my eyes shut as I was tased for an entire minute. Once the horrible sensations faded, I was left exhausted on my side, slightly panting, unable to move.

Irene tutted as she nudged me with her foot, "I'm starting to like tasing you, but don't make me do it again."

She kneeled down to my level and I immediately tried to recoil, but my body failed me and a sharp prick violated the skin of my neck. I felt the liquid enter my vein and my eyes slid from Irene's lupine grin, to the tiled floor, until finally, everything fell away to darkness.

.

.

.

The world came back to me in the form of a spinning white room.

It was dizzying, and to relieve myself from feeling any more sick, I squeezed my eyes shut. Although a bit fuzzy, my memories were still with me, so I knew that I had been drugged and probably taken to another room.

I released a shaky breath, my head feeling heavy. Hands tied to my back, I was hung upside down from the ceiling. A headache had already set in long ago. I could control electricity, so it seemed...but why could it be used against me? If anything, it should be a source of power, and yet here I was, chained up like a butchered slab of meat.

I tried slowly looking around the room, taking in my surroundings and studying it. There was a small window at the back wall, but it was too high up to access and the glass was clouded, making it difficult to see through. Unlike the other room, this one didn't even have the bare necessities, only a large sink, two wooden chairs, and a metal table with an organized assortment of...tools.

Only that they weren't tools. I knew what they were, but I couldn't bring myself to even mentally label them as tools for torture. The only positive aspect was that there was no camera. At least that I could locate.

I tensed up when the door to the room opened, and heart in my throat, I tried to spin my body around so that I could see who it was that walked in. Discombobulated, my eyes zeroed in on a pair of long legs clad in coal-gray dress pants, then to a cream button up— in which was currently being folded at the elbows —and finally to the face of Bay.

He pulled up a chair and placed it a perfect distance in front of my hanging body, not too close, but not too far either. He sat on it backwards, leaning his forearms against the top rail of the chair, and went on to study me like he would an open book.

"So you can shoot out lightning, huh? Like some mutant freak."

I bristled at the insult, and just when I thought things couldn't get anymore worse, Irene stepped into the room with a dark look on her face, "He sure can. Our compound is completely fucked. We'll need to move, and soon too, zeds are trickling in like fucking ants."