Prologue

They say that before the world fell, life was easy.

It happened years ago, when I was just a little kid. The barriers between our world and a world that existed in another dimension had been wrenched apart. Horrors from the evilest of imaginations and farthest from what anyone could ever conceive became fact. They brought about ultimate catastrophe.

Monstrous, destructive, man-eating Horrors first struck Oahu, Hawaii. The island had been decimated with no survivors.

In only a small amount of time, the United States and other country defense forces lost control, world-wide governments completely shut down, and the breakdown of society went underway. Before we knew it, over ninety percent of the world's population had been wiped out.

Between the short time each continent went down, a miracle was gifted to us and the opportunity for the Safe Haven Arc to take place was achieved.

Running on pure determination to avenge the billions of those who had died, mankind created their ultimate defense: The Curator. Reaching fifty meters in height and at similar astonishing levels for thickness, the Curator was the first indestructible wall that allowed for civilization and technology to prosper. Soon, strongholds around the world rose up from the ashes: sanctuaries for only the strongest to reside in within similar walls of might.

Past cities were destroyed, new cities went up, a new order was founded, and humanity was spared...

They had thought that the worst was over.

But the Horrors were only growing stronger and the Curator would soon no longer be the only thing keeping the creatures from breaking through and destroying the last of humanity.

Genetic mutations for the Arsonian Project went underway soon after with successful results. Another new sense of hope powered the scientists to bio-engineer humanity's greatest achievement.

Only a few people had the desired genetic makeup that would allow a stretch of DNA from Horrors to coexist within the host, ultimately creating a human with the fighting chance to face the Horrors. The enormous power of these people allowed us to survive— they are mankind's last and only hope.

The Hero Corps Institute was established and gave rise to the men and women who ventured out beyond the confines of the Curator.

Real life heroes who fought for the sake of humanity.