Post-Sin Guilt and Confidence

Hey guys, I'd like to start off this chapter with a little update. I must confess, I fell into deep sin this weekend, falling for habitual sin that I tried and failed to stamp out in my life. I felt that I've prayed and came before God too many times to confess the same sin, and I fell in great dismay. I thank God for a time like this, where I finally realize how terrible the thing I've done is. I need to run away from this sin, to cut it off, to gouge it out.

I felt terrible.

But God has shown me His grace through a video called "How To Rise After We Fall into Sin". I thank God that I have come across podcasts with John Piper, who as far as I can tell, knows the Bible well and gives encouraging, Scripture-grounded advice.

It's a very strange feeling to have. I am broken. I am a hopeless cause if one were to look at my own spiritual strength and accomplishments. I deserve God's wrath for failing in the past, failing now, and failing in the future. Yet, I can be confident that my God of my salvation will execute judgement for me. God will justify me, and through Him I will rise.

To have the Almighty, despite being indignant and disappointed of me for committing sin, pleading for my cause, is so comforting and incredible. That's a kind of love that is hard to fathom.

Praise God for being a God of mercy and salvation. I'm happy that I have a greater understanding of the severity of my sin, and why I must push on and really discipline myself.

I'd like to ask for a prayer request. Please pray for me to become more aware of Jesus' forgiveness. Please pray that I may overcome this habitual sin.

God bless you all.