004. SUM QUOD ERIS

CHAPTER FOUR
i am what you will be

       TOM RIDDLE WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A PAWN IN RHEA'S GAME

       TOM RIDDLE WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A PAWN IN RHEA'S GAME. He was aware of this and he hated it. He made a mistake by miscalculating, misjudging, and underestimating her and vowed to never make that mistake again. He felt as though she was taunting him. She would ignore his presence, acting as though he was nothing more than a fly on the wall. She wouldn't spare a glance his way when he would stare at her with a dark look, vengeance on his mind. 

His hatred for her was all he ever thought about for the next few weeks and it didn't help that the book wouldn't even open for him. His followers noticed the time he spent staring at her and they all assumed it was because he liked her. Rhea Hel had managed to creep her way into Tom Riddle's mind and she couldn't care less. She refused to pay attention to him until he proved himself worthy of being paid attention to.

"Why is Tom Riddle staring at you?" Persephone leaned over and whispered to Rhea in the middle of their Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. Professor Merrythought was teaching them how to defeat an Erkling using the Orbis Jinx, but Rhea could feel the pair of eyes boring into the side of her head before Persephone commented on it. The corners of her lips turned up in amusement.

Rhea leaned closer to Persephone and whispered, "I think he has a bit of a crush on me. He offered to tutor me to get to know me better but I stopped going because it felt like I was betraying Silas. Ever since then he won't stop looking at me."

Persephone giggled.

"Oh, Rhea, you little minx! You have two boys wrapped around your finger." Persephone said. Persephone snuck a glance at Tom. "I can't believe Tom Riddle likes you. I don't think he's ever liked anyone."

Rhea smirked to herself. She hoped it got back to Tom that she was telling people he had a crush on her. Maybe then he'd confront her instead of glaring at her and expecting her to drop dead. She knew the book wouldn't open for him yet and she thought he would've come to her to ask for her help by now, but he hadn't. He was too bigheaded to ask for help when he needed it and now Rhea was testing how long he could wait until he caved. She'd make him bend to her.

"Speaking of Silas," Persephone continued, "has he invited you to meet his parents during the holidays?"

The holidays were rapidly approaching after the next Hogsmeade weekend. Rhea wasn't going because she didn't want to go on a date with Silas. He annoyed her and she was growing tired of the way he followed her around all the time like a stray dog. She made up an elaborate lie that she couldn't get her permission slip signed in order to get him to leave her alone.

"Not yet." She said to make Persephone think she wanted to go. "I don't think my family will let me go anyway. We Hels take Christmas break very seriously."