Chapter 26 - Hangout gone wrong

Chapter 26- Hangout gone wrong

Melissa's P.O.V

''But please, Hunter  !'' London whined once again, irritating Hunter even more. He balled his fist and crossed his arms over his chest.

''London, no means no and that will be the only answer you're getting,'' he replied, quite annoyed at his cousin's never-back-down behaviour. 

It had been half an hour, since their argument had started. London had wanted to take me and Tiffany out to a mall, so that we could have some girl time, but Hunter was completely opposed to it.

Maybe because he still considered me as his hostage.

Maybe.

"Look, if this is for security purposes, you don't have to worry. I've got Tiffany and Melissa. We'll be okay," she reassured him, but he still wouldn't budge.

"We won't take more than two hours," I promised and looked him in the eye. Hunter was surprised that I spoke up and glanced at me for a while, before averting his eyes and sighing.

"Fine, but on one condition. You should also take Allison."

"Allison ?!?!" I almost screamed, but I couldn't help my outburst. We had to take Allison along with us ? No way. I'm not going. I can't bear to even breathe the same oxygen as that bitch.

Hunter turned to me and raised an eyebrow, as if challenging me to say something else. I just shut my mouth and looked down. London really wanted to go and since he agreed, condition or not I had to agree too.

"Thank you so much, Hunter !" London beamed and ran to hug him, but he just raised a hand, stopping her. He turned to the door to leave, but only after giving me a soft glance.

"Oh my God, did you see that ?" London asked me, quite overjoyed.

"See what ?"

"Hunter is like, in love with you ! I mean he didn't listen to me for like 30 minutes and then when you just said one line, BAM he let us go. And now that look he gave you ? Girl, he's fallen deep for you," London completed and smirked at me.

I stared straight at the door and whispered, "I wish that were the case."

***

"Ok what ? Allison's coming too ?"

London answered Tiffany's question, with a withered nod. "It's our only option. Hunter wouldn't have it any other way."

"And her too ?" Tiffany glanced towards me, with a hateful look.

"Yes, Tiff," London replied and gave her a pointed look. She sighed and raised both her eyebrows, muttering a 'whatever' under her breath.

Suddenly the door to London's room opened, and at the doorway stood Allison, looking as perfect as always. "Hey girls," she greeted us with a smirk.

"Hello, Allison," London smiled at her, but that couldn't be said for Tiffany and me.

"Well if it isn't Melissa," she glanced me up and down, taking in my poorly dressed figure. I guess my shorts and tank top didn't work for her. To hell with her.

"Anyway let's get going. Don't wanna be late," London reminded us once again and skipped to the car parked outside the mansion.

As I walked towards the car and opened the door, I glanced one final time to the mansion, only to be met with Hunter's intense stare on me.