Chapter 25- Poolroom disaster

Chapter 25– Poolroom disaster

Melissa's P.O.V.

"I swear, it's like she just flipped a switch!" London exclaimed, her hands up in the air. I shook my head helplessly and turned to switch off the stove. 

"She wasn't like this, you know," London started, making me look at her, "she was my best friend here. But now I feel as if she's neglecting me." She pouted and ranted on.

"And. . .that must be my fault," I said nonchalantly, not bothering to gauge her reaction. 

"Well. . ." 

I stopped touching the pan and swivelled around, meeting London's guilty, yet confused expression. "Look," she sighed and ran a hand through her face. "I'm not saying this is you fault, but I feel like that's partially the reason why she's not talking to me. . ."

I nodded slowly and put the now-made food into a dish and covered it up with another one. I then turned around and looked at her dead in the eyes. "I'm not at fault here, London. This is all just a huge misunderstanding. She thinks I'm doing— doing something with Eli, but I'm not. I–I think of him as a brother."

She remains silent for a few minutes, till she elbows me in the ribs lightly, with a naughty wink. "Why, someone else catching your attention?" I furrowed my eyebrows and shoved her away. "Someone, whose name starts with a, uh. . .H?"

This time, my lips curved into small smile, as I tried to fight it. But she noticed this and she elbowed me more, making suggestive sounds. "Stop," I drawled out, pink now lightly covering my cheeks.

After all it was true.

"I'm full, that's enough for me and Nate," London said and took her plate of food. I raised an eyebrow at her statement, with a knowing smirk.

She blushed and shook her head, correcting herself. "I meant me and my mate. She's er- visiting ?"

"Yeah sure, whatever you say, London." I smiled and filled another plate with food while placing it on a tray. I wonder if Hunter has eaten.

"Where are you going with that food ?" London inquired, eyeing the tray suspiciously.

"It's for Hunter." I stared at her, while she smiled creepily. I couldn't bother to hear her shipping us anymore, so I just took the tray and walked towards Hunter's room.

But to my disappointment, he wasn't in and so I dejectedly walked back to the kitchen, when on the way, the door of the poolroom was open. I peeked inside and saw Humter, in the water with his eyes closed. As if he was meditating or something.

I slowly tiptoed inside and as I got closer, my face reddened. He was shirtless, showing off his glorious abs and those wet hair strands weren't helping either. So I turned around quickly and decided to walk away, when I felt something crawling in my dress.

Glancing downwards, I spotted a spider. It wasn't those small, almost- visible ones, but a big spider with longer legs that mine. Gasping loudly, I jumped up in sheer fright, wherein dropping the tray.

In my attempt to get it off me, I walked backwards and didn't notice that I was on the edge of the pool. It was only another tug at my dress, that made me fall backwards into the pool.

I had always avoided pool for one main reason: I couldn't freaking swim to even save my life. So when I fell into the pool, I panicked and frantically tried get closer to the corner so I could get out.

All of a sudden, a pair of cold, wet hands circled around my waist and hoisted me upwards onto the floor and out of the pool. Once I was seated on the floor, I turned around to see Hunter still in the pool, glancing at me.

Or more like my wet, drenched self.

He suddenly got a bit uncomfortable and looked away, scratching his neck. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down, as he too got out of the pool and lent me and in getting up.

As soon as I got up, he quickly turned around an walked out of the room, not even sparing me a second glance. I just shrugged it off, too cold and wet to even properly think about it.

***

"I swear, if you and just told me that he was in the pool, this wouldn't have happened." London just giggled, as I glared at her. I had just recalled whatever had happened in the pool to her and all she had done was either fangirl or giggle.

It took me quite a while to get rid of the stains on my dress and also clean the pool room since I had dropped the tray. I made sure to be extremely careful while picking the glass up. And so that's when London approached me and told me she'd assign some other maid to take care of it.

"But that would be no fun !"

"I don't care."

"Oh yes you do. If I hadn't them you wouldn't have the chance to see Hunter all hard for you," she once again giggled. My eyes widened momentarily.

Hard ? Oh god. How could I face him again ?

***

Hey guys !

So this is more of a filler chapter and not my best. I'll update soon shortly.

~xoxo~

Ifunnybruh