Chapter 12- Opening up

Melissa's P.O.V.

"Thanks, London," I thanked her and removed my leg from the tabletop. London and done a good job, bandaging it. My knee felt stiff and it was as if she had tied two additional bricks to it.

"Careful there," she chided and looked at me with pity. "Are you okay ?" she asked and I had the feeling she wasn't just referring to my leg. She must have heard about Julian's escape. Yeah, that must be it.

I nodded and put on a fake smile. I was anything, but okay. ''Do you want my help going back to your room ?'' I shook my head and limped out of the room.

It's been over two months; my time here. Time passed my so quickly, yet I felt like a day was a year long. In all that time, Hunter was the one who treated me like utter crap. Not only him, then was even Allison and Lesley, who encouraged the other maids to treat me badly. They told them that I didn't deserve to live.

I wondered why ? What did I do to them ? If they say that Julian killed someone from Hunter's gang, then why am I being held hostage ? Why am I leading this life of misery ? As much as I love my brother, I can't help but curse him out sometimes in my head.

I leaned into the wall behind me, as I felt my head being hammered. Like someone was performing acupuncture, right in that spot. I held my head to thwart myself from falling down. Dizziness overcame me and I blacked out.

***

Bright light blinded me, as I slowly opened my eyes. I decided to close them and drift off to sleep. But I couldn't. My pounding headache had returned, and that me me dizzier. However, this didn't feel right. My room didn't have much light. It was a dark dingy room that i wouldn't even let animals to live in.

Groaning, I struggled to sit up and was astonished because of the satin sheets around me. I wasn't on the floor, but on a huge King sized bed. I looked around the room and deja vu came over me. I was here before. The grey walls, the coffee table beside the bed, the white wardrobe, it all felt familiar.

''Agh !'' I yelled out and clutched my head. The pain was intense now. I didn't know what i had done to get it. But I was more scared as I had no idea where I was.

''How are you doing ?'' a husky voice called out to me. My eyes drifted to the source of the voice, and there he was, leaning against the doorframe with this jaw clenched; Hunter. My eyes widened on their own accord. How. . . ? I again took a quick look around and realization settled in me.

This was Hunter's room. I had been here before, when Callie and I had to clean up the mess he had made. I didn't know if it was just me, but I felt like the walls were closing in and the room just got more smaller.

''Melissa ?'' his voice seemed to grow worried, something that I found hard to believe. Why would Hunter Rodriguez ever care about me ? Why would he be worried ? I looked back at him and nodded. I just wanted him to go away. I was confused already with Julian escaping and now him acting so caring just makes things worse.

''I'm okay,'' I respond, but I very well knew I wasn't. My head was still throbbing and I wanted the pain to disappear. I pressed my fingers to my temples and held them tightly, in hopes of curing my sudden headache.

A hand clamped down gently on my shoulder and pulled my fingers away. ''Take this. It might reduce your headache.'' Hunter handed me the Tylenol strip and a bottle of water. Cautiously, I took it from him and opened the bottle cap. I put the pill in my mouth and drank the water; uncomfortable with Hunter's gaze on me.