Chapter 17- The towel caper

Hunter's P.O.V.

''Boss !'' A frantic voice caught my attention and I raised my head to see Al, one of the men I had assigned to find whereabouts of Martin. At the same time, Samuel came in calmly and glared at Al.

I raised my eyebrow at the not- so discreet exchange going on in front of me. ''Boss, I have to te-''

''No, Al. You shouldn't be here. As your senior, I command you to leave.'' Probably the one reason I assigned Samuel as their leader was because of his confidence. The first time we met, he wasn't afraid of me and I could have put a bullet through his thick skull, but I didn't, only because of Eli. He was the one who suggested me to take him under my wing. It's a good thing, anyway.

Al looked hesitant, but he just nervously nodded and left my office. I leaned back onto my chair and spun slightly on it. Samuel smirked slightly and spoke. ''Boss, what Al wanted to convey was just some information that he'd got about Martin Hale.''

I stood up abruptly and stared him dead in the eye. ''What is it ?'' He looked hesitant, but he just shook his head and laughed it off. ''Nothing, boss. Just that his cell phone's been active.''

I clenched my teeth, preventing myself from taking out the gun in the drawer. ''Report whatever you've just found,'' I gritted out through clenched teeth. Samuel looked nervous, but he nodded.

''We've acquired Martin's cell phone number. . . and we were j-just about to track him down.'' I suspiciously glanced at him. Somehow my instincts told me not to believe a word he said. Al wasn't a person to come to my office for such a silly matter. But if I questioned him, he'd only make up more lies and I wasn't a person who liked lies.

I nodded and flicked my hand to the door, letting him know that I believed him and wanted him out of my office. He bowed down and left the office. I scratched the nape of my neck and let out a breath through my noise.

A sudden vibration from my phone, notified me of the message that Eli had sent. There's a problem in the gang. Meeting room. Now.- E

I switched off my phone and sat down in my seat for some time. Memories of Jeffrey surged through my mind and I tried my best to remove them, but my sorrow still remained. Even if I did kill Martin, that wouldn't bring back Jeffrey. Somehow Melissa's tear- stained face appeared in my mind and I banged my hand on the desk.

Before Melissa's arrival, my main aim was to hunt down Martin and kill him in front of his family. Just the way he did to Jeffrey. But after she came, she started messing with my head and right now, I. . .I couldn't do that to Melissa. Somehow what I was feeling wasn't just attraction or sympathy- it seemed like.

What I need now is a fucking smoke.

***

Melissa's P.O.V.

I caught my back and rubbed it. Recently, my back was starting to ache really bad. Plus, Lesley's nagging and giving me extra chores wasn't helping at all. I think she's secretly working for Allison.

Tiffany entered the lunch room and glanced at me. She gave me a smug look and walked past me, into the kitchen. I chuckled and shook my head. I'm officially Tiffany Scotts' No.1 enemy. How did this even come to this ?

My hand wasn't any better and that was the only reason Lesley hadn't made me worked to my limits. I had to keep the bandage for a few days and then I'd be good. Thinking about it, the anger I felt towards Allison was slowly starting to diminish. She hadn't made a move on me so far and I hope it stays the same.