Chapter 11- Escapee

Chapter 11- Escapee

A whole ocean of emotions wrecked through me, tearing me apart. I didn't know what to believe. I was told a few weeks days ago, that my brother was dead; I had seen him with my own eyes. But here, Hunter just said that he had escaped meaning he was alive the whole time.

They were making a fool out of me.

This whole time I was forced to believe that Julian was dead and I, with so much effort moved on, leaving his death in the past.

My mind reached out to the unknown man between the trees. The reason I thought I was hallucinating was because, I thought I had seen Julian. He looked an awful lot like him; his chestnut hair, the same sharp jawline, his familiar nose and facial structure. I assured myself that I was still grieving, but little did I know.

Hunter's phone call caused a whole ball of anger and fury to explode in me.

"What ?" I whispered, staring up at Eli, the previous awkwardness all gone. Eli opened his mouth, but closed it, not knowing what to say; how to explain it to me. Keeping a firm hold on my back and legs, he walked straight back to the car.

''Eli !'' I thrashed in his arms. I needed to know what the hell was going on. ''Stop it !'' he yelled at me, making me flinch. ''You weren't supposed to hear that ! Hunter's going to give you a tough time already for knowing that Martin escaped. Do you want your punishment to increase ?'' I shook my head and slowly buried my face in his chest. His hands stroked my hair, as he seated me in the passenger seat.

Getting in the driver's seat, he spoke loudly, ''We're going back home.'' I just nodded, I was too drained out to react. All I wanted to do was go back and curl up in my bed and when I wake up, they'll remind me that it was all a dream. I yawned, the fatigue hitting me.

''Sleep. I'll inform you when we reach,'' Eli coaxed me softly. His soft voice and my droopiness made me close my eyes and drift into bliss.

***

I hadn't known that we'd reach till I found out that I was being carried by Eli. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around me to see the familiar grey walls of the gang- house. Eli had on an impassive face with a clenched jaw. Was it still because of the Julian issue ?

Honestly, I was happy, sort of. I had found out that my brother wasn't dead and if he was alive, he'd be imprisoned and forced to live a life of hostageship, like me. At least he was out, in the open without having to live an eternal life of misery. But I do fear for him, because I had an inkling that Hunter would do anything to get back Julian.

''Eli,'' a familiar husky voice addressed loudly, making me snap my attention to the figure in front of us. Standing in front of a huge rusted door, was Nathan; the guy who abducted me and the guy who London liked.

Embarrassment became evident on my face, as my cheeks tinged pink. How awkward would it be if you boss were to carry you in front of Hunter's accomplice ? I gripped Eli's neck​ tightly, in hopes that he'd set me down. Nathan just glanced at me with a disgusted expression, as if Eli was carrying the trash to the bin and not a human.

With revulsion coursing inside of me, I looked up at Eli, to notify him that I wanted to be put down. He furrowed his eyebrows, but just addressed Nathan back. ''What is it ? Any news on- Martin ?'' He paused a bit, before saying Julian's name, maybe because I was there.

Nathan glanced at me once again, till he concentrated back on Eli. ''We could discuss that elsewhere in private; somewhere, especially where Martin's sibling isn't there.''

My face fell as he brought up Julian. Staring up at Eli, I whispered into his ear, "It's fine, I can walk back to my room." I knew it was near impossible for me to get back to my room in my condition, but with Nathan around, I just had to escape from there.