Chapter V

A/N: Oh look! A new update, yay! Hope you enjoy reading this chapter! - Alex xoxo

***

"Simple but beautiful. That is all I am looking for."

***

Samantha

"Try to hold still for me Sammy," Karen instructed me with her tongue sticking out on the corner of her mouth as she concentrated on applying some fake lashes along my natural ones.

"God, don't call me that," I groaned with my face completely still and my lips barely moving. I felt the fake hairs of the eyelashes tickling my skin, which caused the wrinkles near my eyes to crease along with the fluttering of my eyelids opening and closing.

"Dammit Sam, I said, hold STILL!" She huffed as she pulled back from my face and came back in to re-attempt the application.

"Soz," I apologized, literally sounding out the text shortcut. I took another deep breath as I prepared myself for the weirdest feeling in the world. The cold glue touched the skin near the hairline of my lashes and I almost twitched again, but this time I actually tried to remain motionless for Karen's job to be made easier.

"This is my first time applying fake lashes on someone else, so bear with me," Karen spoke as she pressed my skin on the wet glue cautiously. By the time she left her finger tips from my face, I gave myself permission to open my eyes and looked at Karen's growing satisfied smirk. Her signature look.

"It fits well with your eye shape, I love it!" she squealed as she clapped her hands excitedly like it was her date with Michael tonight.

"Of course you do, you're the one creating the entire look," I stated with my grin wide enough for my cheeks to produce tight dimples. As Karen picked up the second fake lash from its container, I already closed my eyes for her to work her magic again for the second time.

"Thanks, but it's all on you girl. Michael boy has earned himself a catch," she spoke again as she concentrated on applying the eyelash. I could feel it from the fake hairs tickling my eyelid once more as I tried my best to ignore the odd feeling.

"Michael is just a lonely bachelor. He broke up with his ex-wife, did you know that?" I quizzed her. Karen left her fingers from my face for the last time and I enabled myself to reopen them, so I could look at my best friend's reaction to this new piece of information revealed to her.

"He was married?" she asked with her mouth gaped open, and clearly out of shock. "What kind of woman would leave a fine ass like him?"

"I don't know. Apparently, she like grew bored of him or something. I don't know the whole story, but Michael's real sensitive about the topic so I just try to avoid it," I said with my head nodding to the idea, as if I was asking myself to agree to it.

"Unbelievable. I bet ya this bitch was a whore who carries STDs from riding too many dicks, Michael definitely deserves better," Karen theorized, but I asked her again to cut the topic. "Michael wouldn't want us to jump to conclusions like that. Like I said before, he didn't tell me the entire story, he only told me that he was a recently divorced man."

"Fair enough. But hey, on the bright side, we got yourself a man who's interested in you and who is extremely good-looking. Have you ever noticed how his eyes were on you, girl? His eyes are so tempting to look at, you're so lucky," Karen rambled out a waterfall of words, and I simply nodded my head as I listened to her talk. To live with Karen is a habit you have to grow within you, especially when she just never stops talking.