Chapter IV

A/N: Hi everyone. Just back with a brand new chapter. Hope you enjoy - Alex xoxo

***

"Your essence somehow captivated me and I don't question how."

***

"Turn right in the next corner here."

In Michael's head, he was kindly asking her to keep quiet. He knew exactly where he was going.

But no, he had to act clueless on where to go, since he apparently had no idea where Samantha's homey apartment was located. She will grow suspicious of him and have questioning thoughts about him, and Michael didn't want that kind of suspicion from her. He couldn't just lose her.

"Right here?" Michael questioned in his soft voice.

"Yeah, ri...ght here!" exclaimed Samantha as they came to a full stop by the dark staircase leading up to the building.

Michael took a moment to scan the lot since he actually have not gotten closer to the building as he did now. He couldn't see Samantha's room in this awkward angle, so it was always a parking space across the road from where she lived.

The sound of the car door opening made Michael snapped his gaze to his right side, and figured that Samantha had already exited the expensive vehicle.

He followed her out right away to be the best gentleman Samantha has ever been with in her entire life. She had to know that Michael was a decent one to be with.

Samantha spun around once she was midway up the stairs, facing away from the doorway, and to Michael, where his hands were both tucked inside the pockets of his black slacks, looking as handsome as ever underneath the bright moonlight (in Samantha's eyes).

"Thank you for joining me," she began, "I wouldn't know what to do if it weren't for you making the rest of my night better than it should be."

Michael felt good hearing that, and they didn't need to get into physical contact to trigger that good feeling. He only smiled his pearly whites at Samantha and simply replied with a, "You're welcome, Miss Grigio. I'd like to also thank you for giving me such a good time. I certainly had the most fun tonight."

"Oh," Samantha giggled nervously as she tucked a strand of her curly hair behind her ear. It was the most beautiful thing Michael has ever seen in his thirty years living on this Earth.

"You're very welcome, Michael."

Michael bit his lip at the mention of his name coming from her mouth as he climbed a step up to look into her innocent eyes. She too, returned the look with her attention all on Michael, and Michael only.

The two enjoyed each other's company until Michael's face had to drop upon realising that they have been looking into each other's eyes a little longer than expected.

"I should get you to it," Michael informed Samantha once he snapped out of his daze.

"Oh yeah, I have an exam coming up this next week," she revealed to Michael.

"I see. Well, I wish you good luck, Miss Grigio. I'm sure you are going to ace that mid-term exam anyway."

Samantha tilted her head to the side. "How did you know that it was going to be my mid-term?"

Ah, crap. Michael panicked, and his trembling hands became clammy. He held them together tightly behind his back, so Samantha wouldn't see.

"I figured that it would be your mid-term around this time of the year," he quickly answered, "I started my semester the same month as you did when I was in college."