"Mr Williams said to have you right up!" she said with an overly cheery voice.

I smirked and raised my eyebrow at her. It was evident Marcus was still on the line considering she hadn't hung up.

"His office is on the fourth floor to the left," she continued with a tight smile.

"Well thank you for your wonderful assistance!" I said loudly making sure Marcus would hear.

The girl mumbled a short bye into the reciever and hung up. She scowled at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh sweetie. Couldn't you have found a better person to work for?" I said wiping away a fake tear.

"I honestly feel sorry for you. Here," I said with a full blown smirk.

I opened my purse and took out a hundred dollar bill and slammed it down onto her desk.

"-a tip for your helpfulness," I grinned.

Not bothering to stay and enjoy her flabbergasted expression, I spun around and walked towards the elevators in the far corner.

I stepped into the lift just as a businessmen walked out, with his suitcase swaying beside him. Pressing onto the number four, the doors closed and I leaned my head on the surface behind me, closing my eyes.

After my little outburst with Alexander the other day, he simply told me to go home and rest.

He had said we'd work something out and to just simply find a job here and get cozy.

Well, didn't that sound fairly easy.

When the ping signalled my arrival my eyes snapped open and I rushed out of the elevator. Looking left and right, I spotted a door that had Marcus Williams written on it.

Not hesistating for a second, I walked over to it and gently knocked onto the door.

"Come in," came Marcus' all too familiar voice.

Taking in a deep breath I placed on a lazy smile and pushed open the door.

Marcus sat behind his desk and had various papers stacked into neat piles. One by one he picked up a paper and signed it or scrunched it up into a ball.

"Victoria, welcome," Marcus finally said acknowledging me as he stood up to walk around his desk.

He stood in front of me and grabbed my hand, placing a small kiss onto it.

"Here for a job I assume?" Marcus stated with a small smirk.

"If the offer still stands," I answered with my own little smirk.

"Of course it does! Now tell me. How good are you with numbers?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Horrible.

"Great."

Liar.

"Then it is settled! You can help sort out the finance issues with the company. My main guy kind of bailed," Marcus said with a pause.

Finance? Interesting.

"Or you know. Got fired," he said with a little chuckle.

I also let out a small laugh, even though it wasn't funny at all. That guy probably would've had a decent income to take care of his family and now he doesn't.

"When can I get started?" I asked adding an extra bat to my lashes as I gave him a sweet smile.

"Is right now suitable?"

"Of course."

"Follow me."

I trailed out of Marcus' office and followed closely behind him. He led me through a hall and opened a door.

"Here we are,"

Inside was a large area. Computers lined the walls and a few men sat behind smart screens as they entered numbers and wrote numerous equations down.

"Bentley! Make Ms Strikings here feel welcome, yes?" Marcus barked out to a chubby, blonde haired male.

"Yes, Mr Williams," Bentley replied back sarcastically as he gave me a tight smile.

Marcus gave me one last wink and disappeared behind the door.

I slowly walked further into the room and the clacks of my heels echoed, the noise bouncing of off the walls.

"Here, go through these," Bentley bit out gruffly as he threw me a thick folder.

My hand flew out on reflex and I caught the folder before it hit the ground.

Bentley raised an eyebrow at me and I simply ignored him, as I sat on the nearest chair.

Opening up the folder I mentally read out the title.

Celeste debit & visa numbers.

My eyebrows shot up and my mouth fell open as my eyes scanned the paper full of numbers. Surely this didn't mean what I thought it did.

Celeste as in Alexander Celeste?

Debit?

Visa?

Was good ol' Marcus really pinching money out of Alexanders companies account?

Clearing my throat I smiled a sheepish smile as an annoyed Bentley looked at me.

"Is there a ladies room around here?" I asked biting my lip.

Bentley studied me for a minute before rolling his eyes.

"Your hair looks fine. But yeah, that way."

I followed the directions given and found myself entering the ladies room.

I checked each cubicle and made sure I was alone before pulling out my smartphone.

Tapping on the newest saved number, I placed the device to my ear. After several rings I was greeted by low breathing.

"Hello?" said the familiar husky voice.

"Alexander? Hey. We have to meet up. Don't I have a surprise for you."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

AUTHORS NOTE;

I made this my mini mission to update before I went to bed. I mean, I ditched my math and science homework for this.

(Not that I was planning on doing it)

So tell me what you think about this chapter!

Team Marcus or Team Alexander?

or maybe..Team Victoria?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-E