Chapter Fifteen

Jasper

     I sit in the court room and watch as he declares I've lost. I scream and thrash as the security guards surround and hold me down. "NO! HELP ME, PLEASE!"

     They rush me out of the room and to a police car.

    I end up in a mental facility room, the walls pure white and padded. "PLEASE, SAVE ME!"

     I suddenly wake up to Hunter holding me, looking disheveled.

     His eyes are screwed shut and he's pinning my arms to my side.

     I breath deeply and he opens his eyes. "Hunter? What happened?"

     "You had a nightmare...you were thrashing and calling out for help..."

     I relax and start to cry.

     He sighs and rubs my back. "You'll be okay...you'll win..."

     "I'm not letting us break up..."

     "Jazz...baby-"

     I pull him closer and squeeze him. "Not yet...not yet..."

     He hugs me, knowing I'm stressed.

     "I'm sorry I slapped you..."

     "It's in the past, don't worry about it..."

     "I hit you-"

     "So? You're going through a tough time and it's a reflex."

     I stay quiet, knowing he won't let me apologize completely.

     "We don't have to go to school today, just rest." He touches my cheek. "I'll stay with you, okay?"

     "You have to go..."

     "No one is making me except you...what's going on?"

     "Are we together? Are we a couple?"

     I get taken aback, confused. "I thought we were...do you think we aren't?"

     "You never asked."

     I sit up. "Then will you be my beautiful boyfriend?"

     He looks up. 

     "I'm not going to not ask and get in a fight about us instead." I pull him up and kiss his forehead.

     He nods and hugs me. "Yes...I just...didn't know how you felt..."

     "I assure you that you have my heart and I don't want to give it to anyone but you."

     He giggles and kisses me softly, still weary.

     "You hungry?"

     "Depends...what're some options?" He kisses me again.

     I slow down, not wanting to make him regret anything. "Slow down..." I whisper.

     He listens.

     "Jasper...I'm not going to let this lead onto bigger things...we have time, okay?"

     He shakes his head. "Do we?"

     "We can make time...calm down, okay?" I peck his lips and stand up, pulling him with me. I lift him onto my back as he wraps his arms around my neck. I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I set him on the counter and look at him. "We have to behave, remember?"

     He whines. "Stop teasing me!"

     "But it's so cute!" I grin and order pizza. "Are you feeling any better about the case?"

     "We're gonna win...my lawyer said there's no doubt."

     I smile. "That's good." I face him. "Right?"

     He looks at the ground and nods.

     "It is good...don't fret."

     Jasper barely touches his pizza while we cuddle and watch a movie. He snuggles closer, getting comfortable and blinks multiple times.

     "Can you please eat a little more?"

     "I'm not that hungry..."

     I sigh and take another bite of my slice. I look down at him and catch his glance. I sit up a bit more, making him shift for the thousandth time.

     His stomach growls, but tries to hide it.

     I chuckle and pull him onto my lap. I take another bite and then offer some to him.

     He takes a bite, letting me feed him. His cheeks heat up and he leans into me. "Finally comfortable..."

     I laugh and kiss his forehead before letting him take another bite.

     "Thank you..."

     "No problem, sweetheart."

~Time Skip Three Days~

Jasper

     I sigh and finally relax as the gavel hits the wood. I stand up and go out into the hall and can't find Hunter. I wait a few minutes when he finally runs into the hall and meets my eyes. I see the coffee and laugh under my breath.

     "I'm sorry, I'm late..." He says when he reaches me.

     "It's alright. How are you?"

     "Tired. I slept in like an idiot." He waits for me to stop beating around the bush.

     "We won."

     He puts the coffee down and hugs me, putting his arms around my waist. He lifts and spins me around, happier than me. "That's so good!"

     I smile when he puts me down. "I leave in the morning..."

     He doesn't let his smile falter as sorrow fills his eyes. "Okay...c'mon." He takes my hand and hands me coffee before leading me to his car. He helps me in. "You really need to grow a few inches."

     I stick my tongue out at him as he gets in and starts driving.

     "What should we eat for breakfast?"

     I squeal which makes him jump. "Sushi! You promised sushi!"

     He laughs at my behavior then at himself. "Alright, let's go get sushi."

     It's around 8:pm and we get home right as it starts raining.

     I pull off my wet hoodie and Hunter gets us towels. "Thanks." I take one and dry my hair. I take off my shoes and socks before running to Hunter's room and changing into his clothes which are a size bigger than mine...maybe two. He does work out sometimes... I shake the thoughts from my head as he comes in and I leave.

     He smacks my ass as he closes the door.

     "Hunter!" I screech and pound on the door. I try to enter. Locked. Of course he would do that. I wait out in the hall, on the side near his mom's room. 

     He comes out and starts walking the other way to the staircase.

     I follow him all the way down and then jump on his back, which he screams at and holds me up. I nuzzle his neck, not wanting to let go.

     He carries me to the couch and lays me down. He lays next to me and pulls me on his side. "I'm here...okay?"