Chapter Ten

(One Week Later)

Jasper

     I curl up on Hunter's bed while he's at work. I learned that he had a job twice a week for three hours at a time. I hear footsteps as Ms. Rue, Hunter's mom, comes in and sets a plate down on the mattress comforter.
     "How are you holding up?"
     "Not too good..."
     "Call Hunter if you need to. His boss is nice."
     "Thank you, Ms. Rue..." I say in almost a whisper.
     "You're welcome, dear." She walks out of the room, giving me the space I most likely need, but don't want.
     I wipe away the tears off my cheeks. What time is it? When is Hunter coming home? How much longer am I going to be alone here? I sigh and close my eyes, falling into a light sleep.

     "Jazz...Jazz, wake up..."
     I wake up and rub the sleep from my eyes. "What..." I sniffle and open them to see Hunter. "You're here..." I try to sit up, but my limps are too heavy.
     He helps me sit up and sits next to me. "How are you?"
     "I don't know...confused?"
     He runs his hand through my hair. "Wanna talk about it?"
     "Not really..." I meet his eyes and search his gaze, wondering what he's thinking right now.
     "Alright." He holds my gaze, completely understanding and calm. He bends his head towards me and leans in, hesitating.
     I feel my cheeks heat up as I screw my eyes shut, not expecting his movements as our lips meet.
     He slowly pulls away,not breaking eye contact when our gazes meet again. "Was that okay?" He whispers.
     "M-M-More than okay..." I feel my cheeks heat up even more.
     "Stop turning into a tomato." He grins and ruffles my hair.
     "I'm not a tomato!" I pout and cross my arms.
     He laughs and kisses my cheek. "Definitely a kid."
     I narrow my eyes at him and make a low sounded growl. "This isn't fair..." I mumble under my breath.
     "What was that?"
     "Nothing...absolutely nothing."
     He tackles me and locks his arms around me, pinning my arms to my sides.
    "Hunter!" I squeal and wiggle. "Let go!"
     He grins and loosens his grip, but not letting go. "You're smiling..."
     "Of course I am...I mean...I...ya know...like you?"
     "Is that a question?"
     "N-N-No!" I twist out of his arms and look at him. "I just mean that I-I don't know how to...confess and if you like me back..."
     He chuckles as his hand finds my cheek and strokes my cheek bones with his thumb. "You're adorable...I obviously like you, Jazz...I fuckin' kissed you. I have never kissed a guy..."
     "Yeah? Well...that was my first kiss from anyone..."
     "Really? A cute bastard like you has never been kissed?"
     I turn red again and bury my face into his pillows. "Never..."
     "Aww!" He lays next to me and boops me on the nose. "Cutie."
     "S-S-Stop..." I whine.
     "Why? Don't you like the attention? Or should I leave again?"
     I shake my head and cling onto his waist.
     He puts an arm around me with a smile. "I wouldn't do that to you..." He kisses my forehead then pulls us closer. "Why is it so cold?"
     "Maybe because you're not using a blanket." I snap.
     He pulls away. "Jasper, what's wrong?"
     I sigh. "It's nothing..."
     He suddenly sits up. "It's not nothing if you're upset over it."
     I turn on my other side, my back to him.
     "Jazz..." He rubs my shoulder.
     "I'm just stressed out, okay?" I whimper as tears fill my eyes.
     He hugs me from behind, not saying anything.
     I close my eyes, slowly, but surely, falling asleep.

     I open my eyes and sit up, adjusting to the darkness. School...we have school... I lay back down and face Hunter, who's still asleep. I curl up next to him and start to cry for no reason. What did I do wrong? I hug him and feel his arms move as he pulls me to his chest. I stop crying and look up. "Y-Y-You're aw-w-wake?"
     He groans and pulls me as close to him as possible. "Rest, okay? I'm cold..."
     I pull away and he groans even louder then whimpers. I giggle and get a couple blankets. I drape them over us and and snuggle back to him.
     He smiles and pulls me close again. "Much better..." He mumbles, still sleepy.
     I sigh and relax. "Get some more sleep..." I whisper and close my eyes once more.

Author's Note

     This chapter is short-ish and I'm trying to make them longer because they seem a bit short to me. Give me feed back if something doesn't make sense.