Chapter Eight

Jasper

     I smile as Hunter drives us to school. "You're too nice..."
     "I try." He holds my hand as he parks his car and turns to me. "And I will try my hardest with you."
     I feel a bit of heat migrate to my cheeks and grin. "And I will do what I can to make you happy, Hunter."
     He kisses my forehead and -sadly- lets go of my hand as we get out of the car. "I'll give you a ride home after school, okay?"
     I nod and go inside the big building and he stays outside, waiting for his other friends. I think about what Hunter had said a couple days ago. I don't want to lose anyone else... I sniffle and get to class early. I sit down and feel the back of my head sting as a flying object connects with it.
     "Weak, little, gay...what a wuss." Some guy says, who I'm guessing hit me in the head rudely. "He can't even stand up from himself..." He walks away with a couple others.
     I continue doing my work and things are thrown at me when the teacher isn't looking. I go to the bathroom and sit on the floor. I feel tears roll down my cheeks, remembering how used to this I was. Suck it up. You can't run to Hunter 24/7.
     I hear footsteps and quickly stand up and walk past the person who just walked in. I walk around a bit, not caring if I get caught. I turn a corner and suddenly run into someone. I'm caught in strong arms and I look up to see Hunter.
     "Are you skipping?"
     I shake my head.
     "Jazz..."
     "I'm fine." I whisper and try to walk away.
     He grabs me by the arm and pulls me close to him. "What happened?"
     "N-N-Nothing..." I freeze at his gaze. "I was bullied..."
He sighs and shakes his head slowly. "Will you be okay?"
     I bite my lip. "I don't know, Hunter..." I whimper with tears in my eyes."I don't like it here..."
     "Go to class and text or call me if you need anything..." He kisses my forehead. "Don't worry..." He pets my cheek and smiles. "You'll be okay." He walks me to class and waits for me to go inside before leaving.
     I sit down and sigh.

     I run to Hunter's locker after school and wait beside it. I open my book and wait patiently.
     "Hey, gay boy!" A voice yells.
     I ignore it, very interested in my book. I'm suddenly pushed to the side and my book flies to the other side of the hallway. I yelp when my shoulder hits the ground.
     "Hey! I was talking to you!" He yells.
     "Leave him be." Hunter says, lightly shoving the bully away. "Jasper, you alright?" Hunter helps me up and gets my book. "Let's go." He says when I don't answer.
     "What about your stuff?"
     "It'll be there tomorrow." He leads me to the car and helps me in. "Why are you so short?" He says when he gets in the driver's seat.
     "I'm not that short..." I whine and pout.
     "You're adorable." He says as he starts driving.
     "I'm not..." I mumble.
     "Yes, you are."
     "No, I'm not."
     "Yes."
     "No."
     "Yes."
     I groan and curl up in my seat. "Fine."
     He grins and holds my hand. "Jasper, we should go on a date soon..."
     I tense and look at him as my cheeks turn pink.
     "Would you like that?"
     I tighten my grip on his hands as I intertwine our fingers. "No."
     He chokes up.
     "I would love that."
     He laughs and relaxes. "Don't do that, it's not funny." He sighs with a smile.
     "I'm sorry." I kiss his cheek and blush.
     He pulls into his driveway and helps me out of his car. "Grow up already..." He tousles my hair and then holds my hand.
     I look up at him as he gets us inside and I follow him to the kitchen. I watch as he starts to make hot chocolate. "You always know how to cheer me up..."
     He lets go of my hand and heats up the water. "You had a tough day today." He kisses my cheek and stays by my side. When the microwave sounds, he stays next to me, still gazing at me.
     "Hunter?"
     "Yeah?"
     "Who did you lose?

Author's Note
     Sorry it took so long for this chapter! I've been traveling and having no time, but look out for the new chapter!