Chapter 33

"Halmeoni"

Jungkook said as he hugged his grandma.

Wait
Grandma ?!

Sungmi thought as she froze on the spot with her mouth about to touch the ground. Sungmi continued to gape at the old woman who was standing in the door steps.

"Omo~ you must be Sungmi. How pretty!"

Halmeoni gave her a bone crashing hug, almost knocking breathe from her and gave two kissed on either cheeks. Jungkook tried to muffle his chuckle at the sight with with hand.

"Are you going to spend the whole night standing there? Come on in "

Halmeoni ushered them inside the house and asked them to make themselves feel at home.

"But you look completely fine,halmeoni !"

Jungkook exclaimed at his grandmother with a frown stitched on his face.

"I'm not sorry for beguiling you at all. I knew that unless you won't hear bad news about me, you wouldn't pay me visit. So I asked your mom to help me by deceiving you guys to meet me. And I was even dying to see my grand son's bride whom your mother can't stop talking about. "

Sungmi just stared at her in awe, how she wasn't acting like a normal mundane typical grandmother and she already loved her personality. She applauded her mentality for succeeding in deceiving Jungkook.

"So Sungmi, do you cook ?"

"Yes,mam"

She shifted uncomfortably on the couch and fidgeted with her fingers out of nervousness.

"Oh, cut the crap young lady. You are making me sound like I'm 80+ year old. Just call me anything but mam. Alright ?"

Sungmi nodded meekly.

"I still remember how you tried to make me call you noona when you used to fetch me to school cuz you don't want anyone to know that you are my grandma."

Jungkook laughed out loud and fervently hit his thigh , not able to subdue his laughing.

"that offer is still open , my dear."

She replied with a complacent face.

"No thanks, HAL-MEO-NI"

Jungkook purred the each syllable to put an emphasise on the word 'halmeoni' , as he returned her with yet another self-satisfied look on his face.

She gave him a death glare.

"Now, you didn't tell me whether you cook or not ?"

"I do. In fact I cook everyday to feed your grandson."

Halmeoni was taken aback by her comeback. For a moment Sungmi saw disapproving look on the grandma's face and she started to regret opening her big mouth. But within a split second grandma's pursued lip turned into cashmere cat's mouth.

"I love her !"

She growled at Jungkook and earned a groan from him.

"She's a keeper"

Halmeoni started to shake Jungkook's shoulder who was lying on the couch. Sungmi was not surprised to see him being friendly with his grandma as she knew he loved his each and every family members.

"I got it, I got it. Now feed my stomach. I missed your food."

Jungkook whined as he clutched his stomach.

Sungmi was wondering where was his grandfather as she followed Jungkook and halmeoni to the dinning room. And as if halmeoni could read her mind she asked Jungkook