Chapter 43

Despite the fact of knowing that he wouldn't find Sungmi the following morning,Jungkook extended his hands on bed just to feel the crumple fabric under his fingertips on the bed instead of a warm body. Only thing which reminded of Sungmi's presence last night was the ring on the bedside table.

Jungkook deplored of not telling Sungmi about his relationship status with Taeyeon to her but he himself was in a great dilemma.

He didn't know how to call of things with Taeyeon and he didn't even have the heart to tell Sungmi that he hadn't broken with her girlfriend. In fact he was afraid of losing people from his life. He might sound selfish but that was the truth whether it was his girlfriend or his wife.

Not being able to digest what Sungmi and Taeyeon told him the day before, he decided to refresh his mind.

Maybe a fresh wisp of air could clear his dense mind. When he was about to get out of the house, a text came from Jimin, asking him to come meet him at cafe. He grabbed the ring, tucking it safely in his pocket as he left his house.

On the other hand Sungmi sat down agitated beside Yoongi at the cafe after explaining everything to him.

"Do you think it's the only solution?"

Yoongi tried to digest whatever Sungmi told him within the past half an hour. At first he thought she was pulling a prank on him, but on he saw her jolly face replaced with dejection, he decided to believe her.

"It's the only way Yoongi. I already told one of Jungkook's friend to make him come at cafe. And you remember the plan right ?"

"To make us look like a happy couple in front of him ?"

"Right."

Sungmi said as she starred outside of the cafe through the enormous open window. Her legs bobbed up and down in a rhythm as her hands turned clammy.

Not so long after, Jungkook was present in the cafe looking at his phone, waiting for Jimin. The mere sight of him knocked out Sungmi's breath but she tried to gather her composure.

"He's here."

Sungmi whispered to Yoongi as he looked at Jungkook. Sungmi tried to not make any eye contact with Jungkook whereas Yoongi glared hard at him to gain his attention.

Quickly Sungmi placed her head on Yoongi's shoulder and slithered her arms around his arm with a warm smile plastered on her face she.

As soon as Yoongi checked that Jungkook saw them with his peripheral vision, Yoongi placed a tender smooch on Sungmi's temple. Yoongi didn't forget to make eye contact with Jungkook and clearly Jungkook saw a guy other than him kissing his wife.

The mere sight was enough to boil his blood and he was ready to pounce on the guy but shortly he was interrupted by a phone call

The mere sight was enough to boil his blood and he was ready to pounce on the guy but shortly he was interrupted by a phone call. He decided to ignore the call but the persistent call made him pick up the call anyway.

"I'm coming."

Jungkook left the place as soon as the phone rang, leaving his wife with her friend whom he had no idea of. He badly wanted to tell the guy to fuck off but he's mother was more import than confronting a guy.

Sungmi heaved a sign of relief the moment Jungkook stepped outside of the cafe, gratitude overflowed her as she thanked the god for preventing a scene to be created by Jungkook in the cafe.

Who loves a cheating wife?

Sungmi assure herself that after seeing her with Yoongi, Jungkook would no longer endure seeing her.

But her respite didn't last for long. Her phone buzzed, indicating she got a text. The screen shone with the name of the last person she could imagine.

Jungkook's mom:
Hey, I'm at airport! Don't forget to cook something delicious for me ;)

"Yoongi, I gotta go. Thanks for the favour. I will keep you update."

Sungmi picked her clutch as she walked away from Yoongi.

Yoongi just sat there, staring at Sungmi's small form which seemed like to have gotten smaller than usual due to her weight loss. He wanted badly wanted to help her out in different way but he had no power to change her already setup mind.

Sungmi's POV

"God~ I missed you."

Jungkook's mom embraced me tightly as she rubbed her hand on my back as I returned her gesture. Behind Jungkook's father, Jungkook trailed behind him as he starred at us, especially me.

"As promised, I cooked all the dishes that I could remember you loved."

I shrugged off mom's coat from her shoulder, pulling a chair for her to have a seat on the dinning table. Dad also followed her rubbing both of his hand eagerly.

Everyone had already started digging the food when I decided to break the silence.

"Mom, can I go visit my mom? I haven't seen her for a long time and I thought now that you have come back, I could use some rest from Jungkook."

Jungkook glared at me, trying to pierce me with his glare. I could see how he was trying not to snarl.

"What are you saying? Your mom is setting just across you."

Mom said as she continued eating.

"Just kidding, honey. Of course you can visit your mom. What's there to ask! But you tell me first , was Jungkook good to you?

Mom placed her hand over mine, trying to pry answer from me.

"Mom, I ain't a kid!"

Jungkook groaned as he's father laughed at him.

"No mom, he was good. Actually too good to tame."

I made sure to make eye contact with Jungkook so that he could make out my sarcasm.

As soon everyone was finished eating, I made my way to Jungkook's room to pick rest of my belongings. Actually I didn't plan to visit my parents but it was an excuse to stay out of Jeon's mansion without making Jungkook's mom worried.

Jungkook took a hold of my arm from behind, making me spinning around to face him.

"who the hell was that guy?"

Jungkook inquired, jealousy clearly evident on his face

"None of your business, Jungkook."

"You are not gonna say? Fine, I have my own way."

As Jungkook said, he got out from the room, slamming the door hard.

A/N

Question of the day 📷
How long have you been supporting

I'm since blood, sweat, tears era 💉💦💧