Chapter 26

The following day

I woke up earlier than usual as I had to make breakfast and pack lunch for Jungkook. As far as I knew Jungkook liked to have light breakfast so I made an omelet and placed a jar of Nutella to have with breads on the tray with a glass of milk. And placed the tray just across his room so that he could see it. I'm strictly forbidden to enter his room , so I had no choice but to keep them with in his eyesight. I also wrote a note on a sticky notes so that he can find his coffee in the coffee maker. I didn't wanted him to have a cold coffee.

As soon as I packed lunch for myself and him , I had a nice shower then got myself ready for office and rushed to catch my train for the work.

When I came back home, I was exhausted but I didn't take a break because I had errands to run.

As I was on my way to my room aka the guest room, I found the tray of food that I kept in the morning on the floor, untouched. I thought that he might had been late for the work so he didn't have the time to have breakfast.

I changed into something cozy and started cleaning the whole house. After all the things had been cleaned and laundry had been done, I headed kitchen to make dinner.

Today I made fried rice with some vegetable soup and a sauté of chicken. After cooking was done I headed to Jungkook's room as I knew that he wouldn't come home in another half an hour. So I took out his suit and everything he need to wear for tomorrow so that he would have still time to have breakfast even if he's late again. Breakfast is vital thing for human. It determines your capability to work in a day and focus , so he shouldn't skip it.

After I freshened up, I caught up with few works that I couldn't not finish at office at dinning room so that as soon as Jungkook comes, we could eat together.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hour and hour turned into hours. But there was no trace of Jungkook. When I realised I was asleep in the chair and the clock said it was 2 am. I knew by this time Jungkook was at home but he didn't bother to wake me up.
No surprise.

At that time I was too naive. I thought maybe it was my bad day but who knew that this would continue for a month - he turning blind eyes on me.

Jungkook's POV

What's wrong with her ?! Didn't she get the message that I didn't wanna have her cooked food. I have no death wish. Maybe she's too dense to even notice that.

For the last one month I'm sick and tired to of seeing dishes everywhere in the house. Despite of the fact that she knew I wouldn't have her food she continued to cook food for me. I have seen dishes lying on the table and Sangmi waiting for the arrival. But every time she did that she ended up falling sleep at that dinning table. She needed to stop it because she easily caught cold so she might have fever in anytime.

Sungmi seemed so fake to me. As if trying to show the world that she's the best wife a man could ever ask for by doing all the chores and even preparing and pressing my suits for the following day's work. The mere sight of my pressed suit makes me angry so I make them into a ball so that she have to press it again and again. I didn't give her the satisfaction of me wearing clothes she prepared me.

One morning when I couldn't stand the sight of the breakfast any longer I summoned her.

"Do you need anything Jungkook ?"

Sungmi asked innocently. Standing in front of me was a pale looking lady who seemed like she might collapse any time soon. She lost so much weight in last few months that she's now beyond the recognition.

"What the hell is it?! Didn't I say not to act like wife. Rather you end up looking more like a maid to me. What's your intention, huh? Don't you get the note that I hate you. Then why bother me?!"

"You need to have health food Jungkook. You can't keep having restaurant's food. You are going to gain weight. "

"Who the hell even told you to care about me. You are no one to me, so please stop doing this bullshits and bothering me. "

I yelled at her as my blood boiled out of rage. I started to see things red, but as soon as I spot a drop of tear dripping down from eye, I stopped. Why did she had to cry! Now she's making me look like I'm the guilty one.

"Even for once can you treat me like a normal person? "

She said with her quivering voice.

"What have I done in my life to be treated like a dog? You know ,I am also a human being. heve you ever put yourself in my shoe?Have you ever thought how i felt?I'm sorry that I bothered you. But I'm not asking for anything from you. I just want to be treated nicely. I know you don't like me. You don't have to treat me like a husband would treat her wife. I'm just asking for you to be my friend. That's all I'm asking from you. Can't you even listen to my single favor ?"

When she looked at me with eyes full of angst, I felt sorry for her. But how could you befriend with someone you hate? When the silence engulfed the room, Sungmi left the room, as if she was afraid to hear my answer even though she already knew it.

 But how could you befriend with someone you hate? When the silence engulfed the room, Sungmi left the room, as if she was afraid  to hear my answer even though she already knew it