Chapter 22

A week later

Sungmi's POV

I was spreading jam over my bread when mom confronted me.

"Why do you look so pale Sangmi ? Are you sick? And what about the dark circles around your eyes ? You seem like you haven't had decent sleep in ages."

For the past few weeks I started to have fever at night and a severe headache. Thank god that it would only occur at night. But sleeping in library was difficult. It was one of the coldest period in Seoul and I had been sleeping in a room which specifically didn't have any air conditioner. And having fever added more difficult in sleeping. I was afraid that Jungkook wouldn't even let me sleep in his room even if I requested him.

"I'm fine, mom. I just had fever last night but I don't have one now. I think I need some time to adjust to the new environment to get a good sleep. You don't have to worry mom." I assured her with a smile.

"But you gotta tell me if anything is bothering you. Ok?"

Your son is bothering me.

"Okey, mom"

•••••••••••••••••••••
At office

I glanced at my mobile phones screen as it shone. As I read the name of the sender of the message , a smile crept on my face.

From: Swag Bestie

What the f*ck is wrong with you ?! Just because you got married doesn't mean that you can forget my entire existence. You just see, I'm gonna screw you if you don't meet me at nochu cafe at six. Mark my words Park Sungmi

I laughed at his text. He seems like he didn't know my new sir name. I was kind of relieved that he didn't call me Mrs Jeon because I didn't think I could handle anyone calling me by that stupid name. He never failed to keep his swag. I quickly texted him as I was kind of afraid that he might be really angry with me even though I know that he could never stay mad at me for a long time.

To: Swag Bestie

I'm so sorry. I was freaking busy. Ok, I will see you there ;)

•••••••••••••••

Authors POV

Sungmi rushed to him as she soon as she saw him seating at thea corner of the cafe just beside the window. She approached him slowly, tiptoeing so that she wouldn't get caught. As he was facing backside, Sungmi thought that he didn't see her but he could clearly see everything for the reflection of her in the window.

Sungmi placed her hands around his eyes and covered his sight.

"Peek a boo, guess who?"

"My Ass"

Sungmi laughed at his words and made her way the across the table.

"I missed you so much ,Yoongi" she said as she hold on to his hands.

"Doesn't seem like you did" Yoongi said as he preyed off her hands. He started to slur the cold latte that he brought earlier and acted as if he wasn't effected by her presence. But the truth was he was more than happy to see her after a long time and the first thing he wanted to do was to embrace her tightly, but he could only do that in his dream.

Yoongi and Sungmi had been best friends ever since they were in junior high school. Both were the polar opposite but the thing is opposite things attracts. Unknowingly when they realized, they were already inseparable.

Yoongi was a singer song writer and a software engineer. They had to part their ways when they got into university.

Sungmi never looked him as a guy but spontaneously Yoongi fell under Sangmi's spell and he loved her more than anything in his life. But he was so afraid to break the fragile friendship between them which was just like a glass, he decided to keep his feelings at bay.

Sungmi slouched on the seat as she felt little bit lonely after seeing her Bestie behaving like a brat towards her. She knew that he was angry with her but she also knew that he was just showing as if he wasn't happy to see her. She had a frown plastered on her face and Yoongi noticed it as well. But as soon as her favorite drink came without even ordering it, her face animated with a broad smile.

"Aww my Mean Yoongi didn't forget my favourite drink. I knew it , that you aren't angry with me" Sungmi made a v sign at him and stuck her tongue.

 I knew it , that you aren't angry with me" Sungmi made a v sign at him and stuck her tongue

Yoongi smiled after seeing her childish behaviour. And Sungmi felt relieved that he wasn't angry at all. But Yoongi noticed that something was off with Sungmi. Her face became pale due to stress and she looked kind of sick.

"Tell me what did that jerk do to you ?!" He demanded.

"Why do you ask that? He did nothing, trust me Yoongi." Sungmi said with a sad smile.

Yoongi could actually see through her sad smile that she was suffering.

"I don't trust you. You tell me what did Jerkook did to you ?!"

When Yoongi repeatedly ask her that question her mind became flooded with the past incidents that look place ,she mentally and emotionally broke down.She started to sob , trying to stop her tears from falling and tried to hide her face from him as she was embarrassed of herself.

Yoongi removed her hands from her face and started wipe the tears with his index finger.

"You tell me, what he didn't ?!" Sungmi spoke in between her sob. When Yoongi noticed that her tears wouldn't stop in no time , he stood up from his seat then sat beside her so that he could console her.

Then Sungmi told him from the very beginning and to her surprise she felt better than before. She didn't had any one to share her sorrow so she felt like something lifted off her shoulder after tell everything to him.

On the other hand his innermost was boiling with anger and he could feel that his adrenaline was rushing through his veins. He was quivering out of rage and he felt like choking Jungkook to death.

Yoongi caressed her hair and hold her tightly in his arms. He was heartbroken to see his angel in sorrow and he could do anything to make her happy.

"I'm gonna kill him" Yoongi muttered under his breath but clearly Sungmi heard what he told.

"No please don't. I beg you. Please" Sungmi pleaded to him as she knew that it was possible for him to kill anyone if he became angry.

Yoongi was so hurt seeing her in this condition that he lost his words. He nodded his head as he understood the situation then continued to caress her head. And she continued shading her tears in his arms.

Yoongi mentally noted to take some action against Jungkook.

Authors note
🌜Questione of the chapter 🌛
Who's your bias in BTS ?
Mine is Jungkook and Taehyung but i love everyone equally cuz my boys deserves it!