The One I Haven't Told (Jyrus)

Cyrus had planned a picnic just for him and Jonah. As always, it was just a hang, but to Cyrus, this was going to be so much more.

Last week, he went ice skating with Jonah, and managed to hold his hand for a few seconds after he helped Cyrus up.

They went to watch "Love, Simon" after Cyrus desperately begged for Jonah to join him. During the movie, he started crying, which Jonah came in and comforted him.

Why is this any different? There's no sunset, no romantic moment. Just two guys eating lunch together. Well, other than the fact that Cyrus was about to confess his feelings for Jonah.

Cyrus organizes anything and everything. He straightens out the blanket, and messes with his hair a bit. Anything that would look good for Jonah.

Finally, Cyrus's crush walks towards him, practically radiating like a human sunbeam. Cyrus was used to keeping his emotions in check. But today, he was losing control.

"H-Hi, J-Jonah." Cyrus stutters as Jonah approaches.

Jonah seems a bit concerned. "Hey, Cy. What's with your voice? It sounds shaky."

"Oh! I'm just a bit cold."

"Really? It's like 80 degrees out here."

"Oh, really? Much just be me, then."

Jonah takes a look at the food on the blanket. "This looks really incredible, Cyrus!"

Cyrus giggles for a second, then quickly stops himself. "It was nothing. I just had a lot of food, so I thought it'd be nice to share some with my best bud!"

"I'm glad that's me." Jonah replies.

———

Jonah and Cyrus were conversing for about an hour, having some of the weirdest conversations.

"It's just so unrealistic!" Cyrus says. "How can a dragon and a donkey have children?"

"Same reason a large green ogre exists in the same world. It's a fictional movie!" Jonah takes a bite out of his sandwich. "Did you bring any water? I'm a bit thirsty."

Cyrus shakes his head. "I'm so sorry, I forgot to pack some."

"It's okay. I'll just walk over to the water fountain really quick. Be right back."

Jonah stands up and strolls towards the fountain. Cyrus takes a deep breath and pulls a crinkled sheet of paper out of his pocket. "I just have to pull this off before it's all over."

He hears Jonah returning and swiftly shoves the paper back into his pockets. "Alright, I'm back."

Cyrus this time was more reserved. "Okay" was all he could muster up.

Jonah becomes worried. "Cyrus, are you okay?"

Cyrus was shaking a lot, and he loudly whispers, "No. I'm not."

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm not like your therapist parents, but I can try help."

"Once I tell you this, things are going to be different for us. You might not treat me the same way you do now."

"Cyrus, no matter what you say, I'm going to be there for you. I am not going to treat you any less."

Cyrus looks Jonah straight in the eyes, seeing his friend in this way for one more second. One more moment before everything changes. "Jonah, I have a crush on you."

He watches Jonah's expression shift from concern to shock. "Wha-what?"

"I know this is a lot to take it. You... you can leave if you want."

Instead of walking away, Jonah pulls Cyrus in for a hug. "Cyrus, I'm not going anywhere. Nothing is going to change between us. You are still going to be my best friend."

Tears began to form in Cyrus's eyes. "You know what's funny? I was hoping something would change between us."

—————————

Due to the recent episode, it seemed more natural for Jonah to be the one Cyrus tells