Eavesdropping

This is the last suggestion I'll be taking for a while

This is the last suggestion I'll be taking for a while. When the time comes, I'll tell you guys when you can suggest again.

Anyways, this was a very interesting suggestion I got. Enjoy.

———————

"Uhh! That was excruciating!" Buffy said. "Okay? Okay. Okay? Okay. Like, it was if pudding could talk."

Cyrus made a small smile. "It was adorable and you know it. You're just trying to make me feel better."

———

Andi and Jonah sat in awkward silence again. Jonah spoke up. "This is really awkward."

Andi nodded and stood up. "Come on. Let's just go back to Buffy and Cyrus."

Jonah stood up as well and followed Andi. The two saw their friends talking in the hall. Andi was about to say hi when Cyrus said, "Seeing Andi and Jonah together is not painful."

Jonah pulled Andi around the corner before they were noticed. He looked at his girlfriend. "Is Cyrus jealous of us or something?"

"Fine." Cyrus continued. "I want to tell Andi how I'm feeling."

Andi was in shock. "Does Cyrus have a crush on me?"

"I want her to give me advice."

Jonah was now lost. "He wants you to give him advice, on the fact that he has a crush on you?"

"I want her to think it's kinda funny we both have a crush on the same guy!"

Now, Andi was definitely in shock. "Or maybe, he wants me to give him advice on the fact that he has a crush on you."

Jonah was speechless. "Cyrus has a crush on me?"

"It would appear so."

Buffy put her arm around Cyrus. "You can have all those things. You just have to tell her."

Cyrus nodded. "You're right. You're right. You're absolutely right."

She looked at her friend in disbelief. "You're not going to tell her, are you?"

"Of course not!"

"Well, what are you going to do? You can't spend everyday together and not tell her."

"I'm certainly going to give it my best shot."

Andi smiled. "Aww! He's afraid to come out! That's such an adorable cliche."

"It is a bit cute." Jonah said.

She looked at Jonah with a small scowl. Jonah shook his head. "I'm not saying Cyrus is cute! I'm agreeing that the cliche thing is cute."

Andi chuckled. "I know. I'm just messing with you."

"What are we going to do?"

"We could tell Buffy, and see what she has to say about it."

—————

Andi, Buffy, and Jonah were all sitting at the table. Andi and Jonah looked at each other, then to Buffy. The curly haired girl faked a smile. "What's going on?"

Jonah took a deep breath. "Earlier today, Andi and I heard you and Cyrus talking."

For a second, Buffy's face turned to surprise, but she quickly masked it and tried to play it cool. "What do you mean?"

"We know, Buffy." Andi replied. "We know that Cyrus has a crush on Jonah."

Buffy sighed. "Fine. You caught us. Cyrus likes Jonah. But you cannot tell him you know! We all know that Cyrus feel better when he musters up the strength to tell us himself."

The couple nodded. Buffy nodded back. "Alright. Here he comes. Just play it cool."

Cyrus and Iris walked in, holding hands. "Jo!"

Jonah didn't hesitate. He stood up saying, "Cy-Guy!" They proceeded to bro hug.

When he sat back down, Andi leaned towards him. "You're really good at keeping it secretive, aren't you?"

"I took a couple of acting classes as a kid." He replied.

Iris stood up. "Cyrus, can I talk to you outside?"

Cyrus complied. "Of course. Anything for my girlfriend."

———

The two stepped outside, and Iris looked around. "Cyrus, how many people know?"

"Only you and Buffy. How about you? How many know that you're a lesbian?"

"Only you. I would tell Buffy, but I don't want to burden her with another secret."

"It's fine. So, we're still agreed? Keep up the act until we're both ready to tell everyone?"

Iris nodded. "Yep." She looked inside, and saw Buffy, Andi, and Jonah staring at them. "They're watching! What do we do?!"

Cyrus quickly leaned in and kissed Iris. "Think that helped?"

"I hope."

———

Andi, Buffy, and Jonah all looked at each other, giggling. "Those two don't realize that we can hear them through the window, do they?"

Jonah said laughing, "I don't think they do. Should we tell them they just outed themselves?"

Andi shook her head. "Nah. I want to see how long this whole thing lasts."