Chapter Nineteen

Back to the beginning

So, the Minister's request was what I thought, but I had hoped that it was something else. Even with him apologizing profusely for asking, it was a way to grant my family and friends a way out after I'm gone, so I wasn't about to say no. I wish it hadn't have come to this, but I did leave a lot of things unresolved and it is about time to try my best to deal with it. No easy task I'm afraid, but really was it ever? So now I'm sitting once again on the fricken train seat wondering why I'm seeing more of this thing, than my dorm room at Gedonelune. I watched the train station start to vanish from my sight as the train's operator let out a loud whistle at the front that even I could hear from where I sat in the middle of the train. I had sent magical notes out to Randolph, Vincent and Thomas, explaining what I was leaving for before I left so they wouldn't worry about me vanishing so suddenly. Though I bet the Minister would have told them for me even if I hadn't, still though, I figured it was a nice thing to do.

You know, I can't believe I'm heading back to that place. Back to where everything came crashing down.... "You idiot!" My body jumped in surprise at the cold and worried tone from behind me. I looked back as I pulled out my wand, ready to fight just in case, but only I seen Klaus looking extremely out of breath and livid. "What the hell were you thinking?" Geez, did he run the entire way here? Calm down thumper bunny, I do know what I'm doing at times. Heh, if he heard me think that I know he'd have a comeback for it.

"Oh, it's only you." I relaxed back into the seat getting more frustration to cross his face as he forced his way into the compartment. In his defense it was pretty stupid to come alone, but I didn't want to involve anyone else in this mess. He and his brothers are already been sucked into my drama enough.

He moved to sit across from me as his breathing calmed down a bit. I didn't really see a point in looking over at him, he was going to make himself known without it, so I looked back out of the window. Why didn't I see him coming though? I was watching too, but that was more out of hope that Randolph would have shown up. Not that I wanted him in danger or anything. It just would have been nice to see that he cared. "I almost didn't catch the train." What did he think that it was a mistake that he did? Just because we are buddies doesn't mean that I can drag him through all my problems. The stupidly stubborn blonde dork just doesn't know when to quit.

"You weren't meant to." I replied nonchalantly as I kept my eyes on the scenery now flying by in a blur. That was the whole point in me sending the letter to Thomas and not you, because you may talk a big game, but in the end you would jump in front of someone to save them. "Besides aren't you done with all things me anyway?" I shot back getting my snarky tone to show up. It wasn't really like I could help that things seem to have centered around me the last couple months. I never wanted or tried to be the center of attention.

By the sound of his voice, he was fed up with me throwing his words back at him. "That doesn't mean that I'm going to just let you waltz into danger like you are so tempted to do." He fired back confidently with his usual Goldstein attitude trying to back it up.

"Why not? The Minister didn't mind asking me to." I mentioned crossing my arms over my chest as I looked over at him. "This is my mess. There are things in my life that doesn't require a Goldstein's help, or their nose for that matter."

He sighed heavily, but he really should be getting used to me doing that by now. I figured he was going to chew me a new one again, but he surprised me when a strange look crossed his features. "Aren't you a little worried about going back?" He asked quickly upon noticing me watching him. That didn't seem like what was really on his mind. He only said that to cover up the truth.

You know for a guy who was such a puzzle when I first met him; he's now astoundingly easy to read recently. "Of course I am. I'm terrified, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to run from it." I answered returning to look out of the window beside me. I never wanted to go back, but with the Minister's promise of pardons for everyone wrapped up in this, who only sought to protect me. It was an offer that I couldn't refuse and if I could have explained that to him, I'm sure he would have more colorful things to snap at me for it.