Chapter Four

A familiar face, with a darken reflection

Soon though, by a very welcomed miracle, the class had ended. Some of the students fell exhausted from the magical exertion. Where others were just merely light headed.
It was not exactly surprised to see Elias ready for his next bout, but also a blue haired boy with an eye patch who had very good casting and he had the magical ability to sustain it, even though he was incredibly uninterested in the class.
I nodded at the students that had begun to leave the courtyard. Unfortunately, it left Klaus and I alone.
I'm not sure if he felt it, but it was now a bit more awkward than usual between us.
Our eyes met for a second as if we thought the exact same thing. But, the both of us turned our backs on the other, and headed in opposite directions. With a buddy here, it's going to even more difficult to hide my odd situation.
I walked in silence for a few moments, when a voice called out to me.
"So Prefect Kayle, you're now the Emperor's buddy?" My eyes drifted over to see Luca coming over with a knowing grin and childish teasing. "That's rough."
His face housed some of his amusement, but also some of pity. Mostly pity.
I know Klaus can be terrible, but I don't think he's that bad is he?
I shrugged and then decided it would better if I puzzle Luca to leave me alone.
"Thou only defined by our choices when the impossible happens, we mustn't run from a challenge but embrace it to strengthen thy self." I said calmly leaving him with a look of confusion plastered on his face.
If I hadn't had kept walking, I probably would have laughed uncontrollably at how he had nothing more to say on the subject.    I headed into the Academy doors to ready to finish my prefect duties when I saw a man walking around and as normal as that was, it was the familiarity in his demeanor that is what brought me pause.
His brown hair had been halfway pulled back and his uniform wasn't one from the Gedonelune School.
It gave me a bad feeling that I know him and not in a good way. So I decided to follow after him just in case my hunch was right. He walked into the main building, not seeming to notice that I was tailing him.
He stopped next to another student, but I couldn't see who it was from here, so I'd have to get slightly closer.
The student he was talking to spoke in a cheerfully annoying tone, but I noticed his voice was one I heard from last night.
I walked over seeing Randy talking magic with the brunette.
I had to draw their attention to me so I could get a better look at the brunette. "Good morning Randy." I said from just behind them.
They both looked at me and my eyes locked with a blue pair that I remember so well.
I barely could contain my anger upon looking at the guy before me. "Ah, prefect Kayle, it's nice to see you again!" Randy said excitedly moving beside his friend, not noticing the anger growing in my eyes. "This is Azusa Kuze. He's from Hinomoto."
I blinked quickly to unfreeze myself from place.
It wasn't hard to see that I do harbor a whole heck of a lot of anger towards him now, but I need to calm myself down.
Nothing good will come if I let myself act on the hatred I felt for him.
"Hello again Azusa." I said softly looking at him with a powerful glower.
Randy looked at me surprised, as Azusa eyed me for a moment before he spoke.
"Kayle." He seemed to be looking rather like he saw a ghost standing before him and not a woman, who would punch him in the face if she ever had the chance. "It's good to see you, again."
I hardened my glare towards him. That isn't the right thing to say to me after what you did.
"The feeling isn't mutual, Azusa." I snapped and then looked at Randy, softening my gaze so he would know that my rage wasn't directed towards him. "It's nice to see you again at least."
I began to take my leave because now I know that Azusa was a part of this, though I wonder if Randy is helping him inadvertently or voluntarily.
Well, in any case, everything happening here is beginning to make some sense now.
"Kayle, wait!" Azusa said following me, as I began to walk off.
He grabbed my arm forcefully and began to pull me away getting Randy to move back sharply at his surprise.
It took a minute for my feet to fall in line with how fast he was pulling me.
"Let me go Azusa!" I snapped as I pushed him from me, though he had already managed to pull me into an empty classroom nearby. "You've better not touch me again." I pointed my finger in his face as he turned to look at me.
His face remained mild mannered as he spoke with a demanding tone.
"What in the heck are you doing here?!" He asked back trying to corner me against the door.
So, this is the new Azusa that he turned into. I can't say that it was a good upgrade.
His once warm blue eyes that reminded me of a clear sky in summer, now only resembled that of ice.
I glared right up into them unflinchingly, showing him that I wasn't the same person any more than he was.
"Why does it matter to you?" I snapped softly trying to contain my anger, but failing rather badly at it. "You don't care about anyone but yourself, save for your brother."
His eyes hardened with rage as he looked at me.
I know that was a touchy subject for him and I really couldn't care less if it was.
"You don't know what you're talking about, as usual." He moved his hand to rest above my head, with his fist clenched tightly.
It seemed more like he was trying to force me to back down because of fear. Too bad for him that I'm not afraid of him and I know if it ever came down to a one on one match, we were equally talented casters.
"Are you trying to scare me Azusa?" I asked chuckling dryly as I reached up and shoved his hand off the door. "News flash, I'm not scared of you, nor do I like you. You're just a creep who will live and die alone."
His eyes bore holes into mine as he lowered his face close to me to try getting me to listen, but I shoved him back from me with a simple push.
"Stay away from me. Try to grab me again and I'll turn you into a tree and use you for firewood." I left him with that and headed out of the room to escape this conversation seeing as I had nothing more to discuss with him.
"Kayle, you'll listen to me...."Azusa grabbed my arm once again though it was tighter than before. The force was strong enough for me to turn back towards him.
I moved to shove his hand off my arm again, but someone else's reached passed me and shoved Azusa back as they grabbed my arm gentler just below Azusa's so I wouldn't be forced forward.
I looked over at the person who brushed Azusa off me feeling very grateful towards them.
I had thought it was Randy after he saw Azusa pull me in here, but much to my surprise the man beside me was Klaus of all people.
So great now my past comes to haunt me here now, wonderful, and I've tried everything to keep my past and future separate.