your name.

" we breathe, we dream, we raise our love,

in a timeless land that is far out of reach. "

Tarik first dreams of her after his sister has her baby.

He sits in a soft chair beside a window, gazing out it at a group of four kids below, walking across the courtyard. She sits across from him with crossed legs, her arms rested on her thighs.

"So," she begins, turning her umber gaze to Tarik, "what are your thoughts on the Four?" The woman tips her head towards the window.

Tarik looks at them each individually: a dark complexioned girl with braids, who was staring shyly at the ground; a paler girl with black hair wrapped into a bun, glancing at another boy with annoyed eyes; a fair complexioned boy with blond hair and a kind smile; and a tanner toned boy with brown hair and a goofy grin on his face, looking at the pale girl.

"They've improved." Tarik answers finally, looking back to the woman. "Abeke is fitting in well with the others." He watches as the dark girl says something quietly to the blond haired boy. "Conor and her get along nicely. Rollan and Meilin still have yet to open up to her."

She clicks her tongue, shifting in her chair. "Meilin needs to understand that Abeke is not a traitor or Conqueror. Perhaps have the two of them pair up more often?"

"Meilin is...stubborn." Tarik sighs. "She's not very cooperative with the others, asside from Rollan occasionally."

"Aww, how cute~"

"Please do not try and pair up my children."

The oriental woman laughs softly, eyes flashing with amusement. "Children? You have kids I was not aware of, Tarik?"

"You know what I meant." Tarik grumbles, a sloppy grin growing on his face.

"Yes, I do know what you mean. You've kept your 4 children as a secret from me all these years we've known each other? How shameful." She says in a mocking tone before giggling once more.

Tarik looks at her and thinks,

It wouldn't be so bad having children with you.

He wakes up to the sound of crying and Aidana's soft attempts to tone down her newborn son's screams. Tarik lays there, staring into the darkness, unable to fall back asleep.

Every time he closes his eyes after that, he sees the woman's umber eyes, twinkling with love.

" at an unprecedented speed, i

dive right into you. "

Tarik dreams of her again the day Rollan begins to walk.

They stand on top of a wall, out looking the miles and miles of vast lands fifty meters below them.

"We're travelling outside of the walls tomorrow." Tarik says, turning his attention the raven-haired woman beside him. "Are you prepared?"

She nods, confidence visible on her face. "Yes, Captain."

"I thought I told you to call me Tarik when it's just us." He grunts, tugging at the sleeve of his jacket.

"Okay, Captain."

Tarik gives her an unamused look and she laughs gingerly, gazing into his deep brown eyes.

"I'm serious about this. There's always a possibility that--" He cuts off abruptly when she grabs his hand and squeezes it.

"Tarik," she starts, "there is nowhere you'll go I won't follow."

And he stares back at her, feeling his heart swell.